Kem Kem bone

Spinosaurus

Last saturday i went to a fossil convention. there i bougth this bone. it's from Morroco, Kem Kem.

@LordTrilobite already looked at it and he said it could be a pelvis fragment or a shoulder blade.

I would like what you think about it 

its around 10 to 15 centimeters long

kem kem.jpg

kem kem 2.jpg

Yeah this is a weird bone. It seemed to be almost complete, with only a few areas that are mildly abraded. It's very asymmetrical and didn't seem to be very hollow. Though hard to tell at the moment it seemed like there might be a foramen in the shadow on the second photo. I still can't quite place it. But with such a weird shape I don't see what else it can be but possibly skull, shoulder girdle or hip girdle. And I would lean away from skull as it didn't seem to have clear sutures that I'd associate with that. But the area where you are holding the fossil did look like that attached to some other bones. But I'm by no means certain about an ID for this bone.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Very interesting 

I've no idea what it is, but nice bone! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I think I may have found it. It seems to show some similarities with a croc coracoid. It seems to fit just a little better than a shoulder blade.

Here is an example of an Alligator shoulder girdle. The coracoid is labeled with 2.

i_279.jpg

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Archived