Fake Mosasaurus jaw?

Looks like a composite to me, but wait until the mosasaur experts come by.

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

There has been discussion on the Forum about jackets being applied to composite jaw/teeth to give the impression that the piece is fresh from the field; thereby enhancing the aura of authenticity. From the photo alone, I would have been attracted to this piece. Two things would inform my decision - price (I'm cheap) and viewing the piece with a 10X loupe paying attention to the crown/root junctures and to the area of root entering jaw. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Consensus points to it being authentic! This is one of those instances when I take joy in being wrong. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

This jaw looks good. I see no red flags or hints that it could be a composite. The only tooth I might have questions about is the first tooth on the far right. The join looks a little smoother and there is a slight seam visible. But this isn't very suspicious really. Though if I would want to buy it, I'd still want better photos of that area, just to be sure.

Looks like a typical Prognathodon. Though it's unclear if this is an upper or lower jaw as the bone is a bit broken up and partially obscured in the photo.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

24 minutes ago, Fitch1979 said:

he is :D

LOL, there is no use in denying, it's true. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I am not buying it was an old picture that I took 5 months ago. I was just wondering if, it is real because 250 $ is not that much for a big jaw.