These are two composited Spinosaurus teeth I found at a convention. Feel Free to post what you found or have.

IMG_20180310_105755.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

The one on the right definitely looks suspect. But are you sure the left one is a composite as well? The crown looks original with no repairs on it. And I haven't seen that ochre colour on root composites before. To me it looks like it could be real. But it's impossible to tell for sure from that one photo.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Yiur photo is a bit far away and out of focus. Can you obtain closer pictures of both sides of the teeth?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I agree. The one on the right is definitely put together. I would probably say the one on the left is about the same just with different colors.

• I found this Informative 1

I unfortunately don't have more pictures of these. Both are composites I looked at them closely when I was there. I just wanted to create a topic where we can talk about fake teeth and collect pictures. 

The first tooth does have some suspicious areas on the middle of the crown. The second tooth looks better on the crown but the root looks very much extended or composited. The third tooth also looks like it has some filling in on the crown.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Hello my friend Baryonyx!  Guten Tag! :D

Unfortunately in Morocco they usually prolong teeth by making a compound with several broken teeth or even prolonging a single tooth with glue and sand. I would need better photos so that I can give a more accurate opinion, but only through this photo, I believe there are very suspicious areas:

image.png.07c09083d2c4b0ec8e342dd1a8bcdf42.png

I always think that the bigger the tooth, the greater should be the care before buying.

For comparison, I put down the photo of a legitimate Spinosaurid tooth that is deposited in my private collection:

image.png.e3f227076b4a6b0239eae6195f7cd4a0.png

• I found this Informative 3

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

It seems like some of these are pretty obvious. The sudden change in color and texture is the first stand out sign to me. Then if you follow the symmetry of the tooth, they do not seem to stay in line. It's one thing if there's a crack or a break. But when it's just all of a sudden and there's a "woop" in the body line, that seems like a big give away.

I know that they are composites I wanted to start a collection of pictures of fake teeth so that we can take a look at them.

14 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Hello my friend Baryonyx!  Guten Tag! :D

Unfortunately in Morocco they usually prolong teeth by making a compound with several broken teeth or even prolonging a single tooth with glue and sand. I would need better photos so that I can give a more accurate opinion, but only through this photo, I believe there are very suspicious areas:

image.png.07c09083d2c4b0ec8e342dd1a8bcdf42.png

I always think that the bigger the tooth, the greater should be the care before buying.

For comparison, I put down the photo of a legitimate Spinosaurid tooth that is deposited in my private collection:

image.png.e3f227076b4a6b0239eae6195f7cd4a0.png

I agree with suspicious areas like drawn in the photo.