Academia.edu?

DevonianDigger

Question for the room. I didn't know where to put this, so I posted it here. 

Does anyone on here have access to Academia.edu, or to any other solid sources of searching published academic papers? I keep getting notifications that I have been cited in a few highly cited papers, particularly ones pertaining to paleoceanography—which if anything I ever did was to ever be cited—would probably be pertinent to that. There is a far more knowledgeable Jay C. Wollin in the field, but I don't think he does much with marine fossils. I'm just curious to know if any of these citations could be related to me rather than him. (Not entirely likely, but I admit, the constant notifications have me intrigued.)

Thanks, everyone!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

I'd have to fish out my password for it. I gave the place up after it started becoming more like Facebook and kept pitching its "premium" services.

In terms of academic works, there is always Google Scholar (not 100% complete by any means, but not bad for a quick search). I found a few references to your namesake to do with fossils, but from the 1970s. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I get that a lot too. Try ResearchGate, you can search for papers there although not all of them are open access. I find that I don't get obnoxious emails from them either

Edit: upon reviewing my mailbox, I've found that I do occasionally get emails from them on projects that are doubtlessly important but not within my areas of interest,  such as "An Environmental Scan of Adventure Therapy in Canada." But its nowhere near the volume of emails I keep receiving about all of the well cited Pumpkinheads running around Academia.

Lol, I more or less figured that it had to be Jay C. Wollin being cited and not Jay A. Wollin. I tried Google Scholar and was having a hard time finding things because it wasn't giving hits on the full name, but rather started giving me results for citations with the name "Jay". Needless to say, that was less helpful. I'll go on Research Gate, I have access through Buffalo State College, I'll see if anything comes up on there. 

Thanks, guys!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Forget academia.edu, better use Researchgate.com .

Thomas

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Archived