Growing Collection

Whenderson

Its been a while since I've been on this forum but since my last post I have searched 100's of acres digging up the past. In 2 years my collection of petrified wood has grown to include fossilized oysters found in Pensacola and lower Alabama. 

IMG_3444.JPG

IMG_4360.jpg

Nice! That arrowhead is sweet!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

So it looks like a tractor pulled disc in the one photo.  That may explain the 100s of acres, what exactly do you do? 

I inherited some artifacts myself, most came from the man behind the plow driving mules/horse or  one of each back in the day.

The arrow head was plowed up this year during hunting season. As for the oyster, I find it last week while exploring some dry creek beds. 

If you really like oysters make the 31/2 hour drive across I10 to White Springs, on the Suwannee river.  Get on hwy41 out of WS to the 41 bridge over the river.  Park at the boat ramp and walk west along the bank (all limestone) for a hundred yards till you see the oyster bars, plural) stuck in limestone.  The oysters are pure silica and chime like bells.  The thicker broken pieces tumble and polish very nicely.  Make sure the river level is in your favor here: http://www.srwmd.state.fl.us/ .  Please leave the knapped pieces and megafaunal material for me. Chuckles.