My drawing of a little blue blooded fossil from Mazon Creek

fossilcrazy

This is a drawing I made a couple weeks ago. It is Euproops danae, a Pennsylvanian Horseshoe crab from the Mazon Creek (proper). My nodule is 100% complete with no restorations. Being a Mazon specimen, it comes from the Francis Energy Shale and is about 300 million years old. This drawing was done on textured paper with 2B and 4B pencils.

27331703_10155811504726131_3839817020164225405_n.jpg

EuproopsQuarter.JPG

27500943_10155811503521131_5319300663554014015_o.jpg

Awesome Euproops specimen, and terrific drawing! The specimen looks like if you turn it over and put it down on the wet sand it will crawl back into the sea. :)

I love your drawings on textured paper. Your skill with the pencils and the surface of that paper make a wonderful combination. Thanks for sharing your work and that amazing horseshoe crab. 

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Both items are just incredible.  Your drawing skills are superb. When does the book come out?

Thank you for the kind words. Just doing what is fun to do. I know people who are insanely better at drawing than me, but as commercial artists, I question how happy they are with deadlines, on demand pictures and what other pressures can do to the enjoyment end of drawing.

Beautiful complete Euproops.

The drawing is the icing on the cake.

Context is critical.

Archived