My fossil and mineral collection

Ceasar Miranda

The shells and other sea stuff was collected last summer in Puerto Rico while visiting my family 2 months before the hurricane Maria devastated the island .

20180313_130257_Film1-1.jpg

20180313_123455_Film1-1.jpg

20180313_123609_Film1-1.jpg

20180313_125413_Film1-1.jpg

20180313_123655_Film1-1.jpg

21 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Very nice haul for the day. :dinothumb:

8 minutes ago, Vieira said:

Very nice colection :dinothumb:

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks

I really like your collection. You have a nice variety of things.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

1 hour ago, Darktooth said:

I really like your collection. You have a nice variety of things.

Thank you so much. 

The shells are beautiful and very impressive.

When you say collected, did you personally find them on the beach or in the ocean? That echinoid is huge. I love it. 

My dad’s family is from Florida. They have lived there for generations since the early 1800s. My great grandparents and grandparents liked to collect shells on the beach way back before tourism and the population boom. I have a few of my grandmother’s smaller shells.

You will be able to pass those down to your children or other family members one day. They are a beautiful reminder of your heritage and culture.

2 minutes ago, KimTexan said:

The shells are beautiful and very impressive.

When you say collected, did you personally find them on the beach or in the ocean? That echinoid is huge. I love it. 

My dad’s family is from Florida. They have lived there for generations since the early 1800s. My great grandparents and grandparents liked to collect shells on the beach way back before tourism and the population boom. I have a few of my grandmother’s smaller shells.

You will be able to pass those down to your children or other family members one day. They are a beautiful reminder of your heritage and culture.

The big ones were collected by my dad and my uncle many years ago diving to fish but  the coral and and small shells was at the beach. Thank you for the comments.

8 hours ago, Ceasar Miranda said:

The big ones were collected by my dad and my uncle many years ago diving to fish but  the coral and and small shells was at the beach. Thank you for the comments.

See you’ve already got the heritage thing going on in your family with the shells. Very cool.

Very lovely collections. :)

Thanks for posting them for us to share.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Nice displays - true 'cabinets of curiosities'.

I hope those of you who do this sort of thing are keeping track of the info for each thing! I think any item is more valuable when it has its collecting data (esp. location of origin) still connected with it, and not just in your head but on paper! Thru carelessness I've lost the info for so many things over the years it's not funny - fossils, seashells, etc.

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Thank you

9 hours ago, TonyC said:

Very nice.  Like the mix of sea shells and fossils.  Mine is similar though not as many items. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_23f8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_23f7.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_23f6.jpg

I like your collection too . It very organized .

2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, Wrangellian said:

Nice displays - true 'cabinets of curiosities'.

I hope those of you who do this sort of thing are keeping track of the info for each thing! I think any item is more valuable when it has its collecting data (esp. location of origin) still connected with it, and not just in your head but on paper! Thru carelessness I've lost the info for so many things over the years it's not funny - fossils, seashells, etc.

Yes is very important for me all the information about the fossils because is part of the history. Actually my wife and I are school teachers in Texas but we are planning to open a small business with future plans to make it bigger related with dinosaurs ,cakes and fossils.

IMG-20180204-WA0048.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ceasar Miranda said:

Yes is very important for me all the information about the fossils because is part of the history. Actually my wife and I are school teachers in Texas but we are planning to open a small business with future plans to make it bigger related with dinosaurs ,cakes and fossils. In. the future as part of this idea it's to have a small museum with fossils.

IMG-20180204-WA0048.jpg

Fossils, cakes and cookies... what more do you need?  ;)

I see you have labels with some of your stuff, that's good, assuming you don't get them mixed up and you suddenly pop off and leave your inheritors with the puzzle!

(My comment was for everyone's benefit who might read this.)

Archived