Pagurus

On 3/17/2018 at 12:16 AM, Mediospirifer said:

I wonder if a conodont could be seen through a penny holder?

I've used the penny holders for some of my conodonts that are still embedded in shale.  I have reduced the size of the shale piece until it fits in the holder.  It's not perfect, but so far it is the most convenient way I have found to keep good track of and view/show conodonts.

On 3/16/2018 at 5:56 PM, Pagurus said:

Thanks. Yes, I print them on 110-pound cardstock. I would actually prefer the stock to be a little stiffer, but this works well enough and it doesn't jam in the printer.

I think you have done extremely well with this display/storage system! I would imagine it will be mimicked for good reason. Thank you for posting this!

• 1 month later...

Two years ago, a trading card producer, Attic Card Company, raised some money through Kickstarter to create a set devoted to sharks.  Some of the cards have teeth set inside them.  I thought some of the art wasn't realistic enough.  Check it out.  There's also a Facebook presence. 

https://nonsportrealm.com/series/1606/3/0/attic-cards-sharks-tooth-relic-cards

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2018 at 12:01 AM, siteseer said:

A Chinese company did a set of fossil photo cards several years ago.

I somehow missed this post back in June. These cards look terrific to me! Thanks for the link.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

8 hours ago, Pagurus said:

I somehow missed this post back in June. These cards look terrific to me! Thanks for the link.

There was a guy who built a website dedicated to all the dinosaur/prehistoric life card sets he knew about or had samples of.  I couldn't find it just now. 

Archived