paulyb135

Three more super teeth! 

Love the European Allosaurus in particular. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

9 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Three more super teeth! 

Love the European Allosaurus in particular. :)

Thank you!

its pretty unique and I really like it

• 2 weeks later...

Partially rooted Neovenator Salerii 

Brook Bay

Isle of Wight

Wessex Formation

A unique tooth in a unique colour 

AA5CBC9F-0F83-438A-A596-0693A3C9C6D8.jpeg

05F5859D-8E24-4AEC-A416-733ED304BB2B.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

Finally a picture of all my smaller teeth grouped together. I’ve been told I need to get labels for them but I like how they’re set up for now 

C41CF497-BF59-476C-A2D4-21629D5DA93D.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Another couple of nice new teeth for your ever more impressive collection. :)

I like the way you're displaying them too, it's up to you of course. 

But I must say, not being able to id such things myself labels would be useful. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

6 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Another couple of nice new teeth for your ever more impressive collection. :)

I like the way you're displaying them too, it's up to you of course. 

But I must say, not being able to id such things myself labels would be useful. 

It’s more of a space issue. Grouping them saves space. I agree it would be useful for someone viewing from the outside to know what each tooth is but they are all shown individually throughout this topic :) 

Ill have a think though 

13 minutes ago, paulyb135 said:

It’s more of a space issue. Grouping them saves space. I agree it would be useful for someone viewing from the outside to know what each tooth is but they are all shown individually throughout this topic :) 

Ill have a think though 

As I say it's entirely up to you. 

I have most of my specimens in little boxes with a label in the box, usually under the specimen, so you have to take the fossil out to see what it is and where it's from(if you don't know).

But it all looks pretty untidy, yours look much nicer like that. 

And as long as you're happy, that's fine. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

15 minutes ago, paulyb135 said:

Ill have a think though 

Just a backup so you don't forget what individual pieces are and where they come from :D have had fossils for a few years sitting in a box only to forget what it was.  Is a precautionary measure just in case and would hate for a nice fossil to become essentially meaningless. 

By the way, glad to see the teeth came:dinothumb:more great British teeth to go with the rest.  Quite the Baryonx array!

5 minutes ago, Runner64 said:

Just a backup so you don't forget what individual pieces are and where they come from :D have had fossils for a few years sitting in a box only to forget what it was.  Is a precautionary measure just in case and would hate for a nice fossil to become essentially meaningless. 

By the way, glad to see the teeth came:dinothumb:more great British teeth to go with the rest.  Quite the Baryonx array!

Cheers Matt

i don’t think my collection is big enough to forget what teeth is what haha. I have labels and all the info they’re just not next to each tooth. Maybe in the future I’ll get a glass case and display them as well as you have :)

1 minute ago, paulyb135 said:

Cheers Matt

i don’t think my collection is big enough to forget what teeth is what haha. I have labels and all the info they’re just not next to each tooth. Maybe in the future I’ll get a glass case and display them as well as you have :)

Maybe not the largest but still very impressive :D 

As long as you keep the info, then I think you are in a good spot.  For the examples I gave, I never wrote down the info that came with it besides the name of the fossil.  Therefore all location info was gone.  A case would be cool but I think those rikers are working perfectly for you!

6 hours ago, Dracorex_hogwartsia said:

Very nice additions to your collection. I really like the partially rooted Neovenator tooth.

Thanks Randy

14 hours ago, paulyb135 said:

Cheers Matt

That's what I thought too when I started collecting. If you stick to it for a few years, you'll be surprised to what extent you've forgotten about where the older things are from if you don't label and organize them now. The simplest solution for Riker Mounts is to stick the labels on the back. It's nevertheless always best to have a proper databank with all the information as a backup.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

That's what I thought too when I started collecting. If you stick to it for a few years, you'll be surprised to what extent you've forgotten about where the older things are from if you don't label and organize them now. The simplest solution for Riker Mounts is to stick the labels on the back. It's nevertheless always best to have a proper databank with all the information as a backup.

Thabks for the advice. I don’t plan on owning masses of teeth but it’s not worth the risk of potentially forgetting. This forum has most of my teeth and info on so this can always be my go to in case I somehow happen to forget 

29 minutes ago, paulyb135 said:

Thabks for the advice. I don’t plan on owning masses of teeth but it’s not worth the risk of potentially forgetting. This forum has most of my teeth and info on so this can always be my go to in case I somehow happen to forget 

Here's hoping that we're still here in a few decades :P

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

40 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Here's hoping that we're still here in a few decades :P

I see no reason that it won’t be with the amount of interest this forum gets :D 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 5:41 AM, paulyb135 said:

Ceratosaurus Nasicornis 

Morrison Formation

Dana Quarry

Wyoming

D0FC3899-B43E-426E-8FF3-4E5AE61975B4.jpeg

E75EC375-DF71-4FA4-A7BD-56C2F81A5E8C.jpeg

Did you buy this or find it?

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

On 02/01/2019 at 5:29 PM, Mioplosus_Lover24 said:

Did you buy this or find it?

This was obtained in a trade so neither haha

On 24/11/2018 at 11:24 AM, paulyb135 said:

Rooted Dimetrodon tooth - Texas

a really special tooth 

6453D0AB-9301-4E27-AB3B-C720FC6FAAD1.jpeg

DBD8574E-188B-436F-8D0B-F708DF45A353.jpeg

Some corrected locality info on this amazing tooth:

Lower Admiral Formation

Witchita Group

Waurika