paulyb135

1 minute ago, paulyb135 said:

Thank you! Really happy with what I have and only have a few more species I really want so then it will just be about upgrades. 

Baryonyx teeth are fantastic, I love the feel of the wrinkled enamel when I run my hand over it. Hopefully you manage to get hold of one in the future 

Thanks. A seller I use a lot is based in IoW and has said if he comes across a Baryonyx tooth, he'll let me know. So, I live in hope.

Out of curiosity what are the other species you are really looking for? Maybe I've stumbled across them on some of the sites I've browsed.... but then, maybe not, because I'm guessing they must be pretty rare if you haven't snagged them yet :)

10 minutes ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

Thanks. A seller I use a lot is based in IoW and has said if he comes across a Baryonyx tooth, he'll let me know. So, I live in hope.

Out of curiosity what are the other species you are really looking for? Maybe I've stumbled across them on some of the sites I've browsed.... but then, maybe not, because I'm guessing they must be pretty rare if you haven't snagged them yet :)

I’m sure you will be able to get hold of one. No one has been able to fossil hunt for a while now since the restrictions were in place so there could be lots of teeth waiting to be found. 

Torvosaurus is the main one and I am hoping to get that ticked off very soon.

Also:

Ceratosaurus 

Apatosaurus

Megalosaurus (unlikely)

being the main ones.

Yourself?

42 minutes ago, paulyb135 said:

I’m sure you will be able to get hold of one. No one has been able to fossil hunt for a while now since the restrictions were in place so there could be lots of teeth waiting to be found. 

Torvosaurus is the main one and I am hoping to get that ticked off very soon.

Also:

Ceratosaurus 

Apatosaurus

Megalosaurus (unlikely)

being the main ones.

Yourself?

Yeah, Megalosaurus will be a tricky one. And Cerarto.  I saw an apatosaur tootj for sale a few days ago, I can dig up the link if you like.

Other than Baryonyx, I'd love a polacanthus tooth. Hypdilophodon was on the list but I ticked that off a few weeks ago.

At the moment though, I'm focussing more on vertebrae.  The display cabinet I'm going to be buying has a long shelf that's ideal for a row of verts :)

Yes please PM me it although not actively looking right now unless it’s a good deal.

Good choice of teeth. Would love to see your collection so if you haven’t please share on the member collection page :D

• I found this Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 10:35 PM, paulyb135 said:

Yes please PM me it although not actively looking right now unless it’s a good deal.

Good choice of teeth. Would love to see your collection so if you haven’t please share on the member collection page :D

Hi, sorry, meant to reply to this but forgot about it completely. I'll pm you the apatosaurus link now.

My collection, unfortunately, is in England--I'm in Taipei. Once covid is over, I am planning to go over to England to visit and bring the lot back here with me to display over here since I'm planning to stay here indefinitely now. I'll definitely post some pics when I get them, but it's far less impressive than yours! Mainly the more common fossil teeth than the expensive unique species. I do have a couple of pretty rare UK dinosaur teeth, which are probably my best.

A very special delivery arrived this morning containing these 5 stunning dinosaur teeth from the Isle of Wight:

2x Baryonyx 

1x Neovenator 

1x iguanodon

1x sauropod indet 

65BE64D1-E465-4766-AFD2-2DDE130B0991.jpeg

29C8E60F-FFF5-4D1D-843D-B9F8BD419ADF.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

19 minutes ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

Awesome. Love the neovenator tooth

Thank you. That’s my favourite of the 5. Not seen many if any others this size and condition. It has a nice glossy smooth enamel which shines in the light 

Nice teeth!  Amazing collection! :envy:

17 minutes ago, dinosaur man said:

Nice teeth!  Amazing collection! :envy:

Thanks! They’re excellent additions to my collection 

I decided to rearrange my display slightly. These are my biggest UK teeth. My smaller ones are in a separate riker. I find if you have smaller teeth with larger teeth the smaller ones move around a lot. 

Left to right, top to bottom:

Baryonyx 

Baryonyx 

Neovenator 

Baryonyx 

Iguanodon 

Pliosaur 

Iguanodon 

Neovenator 

Ichthyosaur 

8BE74D87-4B6A-4C41-98E9-616BAA83B6A0.jpeg

2 hours ago, paulyb135 said:

I decided to rearrange my display slightly. These are my biggest UK teeth. My smaller ones are in a separate riker. I find if you have smaller teeth with larger teeth the smaller ones move around a lot. 

Left to right, top to bottom:

Baryonyx 

Baryonyx 

Neovenator 

Baryonyx 

Iguanodon 

Pliosaur 

Iguanodon 

Neovenator 

Ichthyosaur 

8BE74D87-4B6A-4C41-98E9-616BAA83B6A0.jpeg

Fantastic display!! 

• 4 weeks later...

My new addition is this

Tyrannosaurid indet - either Daspletosaurus or Gorgosaurus

Pondera County

Montana

Two Medicine Formation 

4E683EF1-A4B4-4933-BA8E-8D5F2A8FFC96.jpeg

• I found this Informative 7

Theropod indet - most likely ceratosaurus 

Lourinhã formation 

Jurassic

Portugal 

CCC78839-1F10-4BAD-ACAC-94CF75FA8E40.jpeg

2 minutes ago, gms said:

Looks like allosaurid by its shape. 

You may need this article to know to what theropod it belongs:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s41513-017-0021-7

If you need this article, do not hesitate to contact me.

Serration density matches Ceratosaurus more than Allosaurus but you could be right. 

Yes, please send me that article if you have it to hand and I’ll do some further research and analysis

Nice tooth.  Serration density is only one feature that describes a tooth so its a real guess if you are just basing it on that, you really need to see the length of the outer carina. Pretty hard to positively assign it since its missing the bottom half.   Along with that you now have to consider teeth being Carcharodontosaurid with @Troodonmost recent post on new discoveries 

5 minutes ago, TyBoy said:

Nice tooth.  Serration density is only one feature that describes a tooth so its a real guess if you are just basing it on that, you really need to see the length of the outer carina. Pretty hard to positively assign it since its missing the bottom half.   Along with that you now have to consider teeth being Carcharodontosaurid with @Troodonmost recent post on new discoveries 

Thanks. Given that as you say it is missing the bottom half, serration density is realistically all I can use. Based on that information it matches closest to Ceratosaurus with approximately 15 serrations per 5mm on both sides. I appreciate more is needed to have a definitive answer. Regardless of the species, it does have the most important part and that is in very good condition. 

Nice tooth.  Let me say that there is one morph type of Allosauridae in that paper with serration density of 5, both edges.  So you really need to look at all the features to try to assign a tooth and then its only refined guess.

• I found this Informative 2