Always assumed this was small bear tooth

joshuajbelanger

This was found in the peace river last season, it’s been kinda just in my scraps.  I always assumed this was a bear tooth, but I’ve never found anything else like this.  Ideas?

45BFD172-08B4-49BD-8822-4BB70788F810.jpeg

It's like a requirement for me to have my gross feet in the pics...:hearty-laugh:

• I found this Informative 2

Maybe it's not enough flat for a bear canine, but enough round in cross section for a cetacean tooth. Can we have a look at the wider end in cross section?

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

3 hours ago, joshuajbelanger said:

It's like a requirement for me to have my gross feet in the pics...:hearty-laugh:

There's good reason why I am never in my pictures!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I thought I uploaded this earlier, all I have on me at the moment, I’ll take better pics when I get home

DAA457ED-9757-49BA-8878-B4691710A4CD.jpeg

Thank you.

I'll go with cetacean tooth.

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

1 hour ago, ynot said:

I agree with whale.

That's not me... :rofl:

Thomas Mann

My Library

Yup...it’s a tricky one. Although, I found this in the same area, maybe they are related.  This one was tricky as well, with varying opinions.  I think we settled on beluga ear bone for this one.  

2924D943-726C-4018-BD29-88F55C30C503.jpeg