Fossildude19

13 minutes ago, Shamalama said:

Heck of a bargain. JPC is correct that getting good stuff for cheap from Lake Gosuite is tough. Especially some of the old material from the Farson Fossil locality (which is BLM land anc you cannot collect on). Yours does not look like it's from Farson but def. in the area.

Hey Dave,

I'm seeing quite a few plates with Gosiutichthys mis-identified as Knightia on our favorite auction site.

Looks to me like some Farson locality plates as well. Not as cheap as this one, but still fairly reasonable. ;) 

She who must be obeyed keeps her purse strings very tight, and well knotted. :P 

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hash fish! :dinosmile:

Legitimately wondering if there's a dish called that (like hash browns).

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Like a corned beef hash substitute for Fridays during Lent?

Of course everything imaginable not only exists but can be found on the internet. What an age to live in--saturated in information.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/buddys-fish-hash-recipe-2107896

Then there is also shell hash for anybody who has looked for shells or fossils on the beach at the high tide line.

Cheers.

-Ken

5 hours ago, Shamalama said:

Heck of a bargain. JPC is correct that getting good stuff for cheap from Lake Gosuite is tough. Especially some of the old material from the Farson Fossil locality (which is BLM land anc you cannot collect on). Yours does not look like it's from Farson but def. in the area.

I agree on all points.  

A nice fish plate for sure, but what amazes me is how you guys can read that '1982 revision' thing that Tim posted?  Made absolutely no sense to me! 

RB

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎21 at 6:24 AM, caldigger said:

Now all you have to do is finish it off by painting them all in with a solid brown color.  

Of course add in any details you may find necessary or missing from the fish.:blink:

Ugh, how can you sleep at night speaking such blasphemous drivel.  Painting them solid brown....blech!  

Keep them au natural I say....but then again, some extra spines, fins, bones, heck lets just add an extra head or two might be nice...it'll sell :rofl:

@Fossildude19 - congrats on the amazing find at an amazing price! Definitely a beaut! 

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Xiphactinus said:

Add to the chorus...beautiful fish plate!

1 hour ago, LiamL said:

Very nice, lots of fishes there

On 3/24/2018 at 6:21 PM, Ludwigia said:

I arrived a bit late here, but just wanted to congratulate you on this, Tim. Your intuition is working well for you.

On 3/24/2018 at 12:54 PM, VTinNorthAB said:

Ugh, how can you sleep at night speaking such blasphemous drivel.  Painting them solid brown....blech!  

Keep them au natural I say....but then again, some extra spines, fins, bones, heck lets just add an extra head or two might be nice...it'll sell :rofl:

@Fossildude19 - congrats on the amazing find at an amazing price! Definitely a beaut! 

On 3/22/2018 at 6:13 PM, digit said:

Like a corned beef hash substitute for Fridays during Lent?

Of course everything imaginable not only exists but can be found on the internet. What an age to live in--saturated in information.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/buddys-fish-hash-recipe-2107896

Then there is also shell hash for anybody who has looked for shells or fossils on the beach at the high tide line.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thanks guys and gal. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me