Hash plates or individuals?

MeargleSchmeargl

Do you prefer individuals in plates or hash plates?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Individual vs. Hash

• Individual
    • Hash

As far as slabs are concerned, I've always had a burning question for you all: Do you prefer individuals preserved in a slab, or hash plates with many individuals of multiple organisms?

I personally prefer hash plates, as it was an entire community of critters that lived together and died together. It is fascinating to think about what could have done them in at that point in time.

And just for clarification to anyone who doesn't know, this is a hash plate:

post-13012-0-25924500-1383012812.thumb.jpg.63920282e8f8975300f4fab3bf1b0d00.jpg

And this is an individual:

5ab13d60c5004_images(4).jpeg.ceb7ae6f182bba8aefb0f4e51994b46c.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

This is not an either/or question for me. It very much depends on the situational context. I would have more luck answering if I was asked to choose whether I wanted to keep my left or right leg.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Depends for me, how good is the singular specimen, what’s the hash of, etc

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I utterly enjoy both!!!!  My fossils are on display in a fairly large barn. One wall is devoted to HASH! I drill a hole in the individual plate, put a nail in the wall and hang it. About 100 plates adorn this wall. Some day, I should post a pic.

• I found this Informative 2

33 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

I utterly enjoy both!!!!  My fossils are on display in a fairly large barn. One wall is devoted to HASH! I drill a hole in the individual plate, put a nail in the wall and hang it. About 100 plates adorn this wall. Some day, I should post a pic.

Please post a picture!!!!

I'm the same as the others, it depends on the situation, but the answer is probably both. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png