Albertosaurus tooth for sale

DatFossilBoy

Hello everyone.

I saw this nice Albertosaurus tooth fragment online being sold for relatively cheap.

I thought it had nice size,serrations and tip. It is from the Judith formation in Montana.

Do you think it is worth considering? Or do you think I should keep my money. If I could get it a bit repaired and nicely reglue the fragments,It could be quite neat I think.

It would be my first Tyrannosaurid in my collection (and my only for a long time).

What do you think? Here are the 3 pictures I have.

Thanks alot,Regards

ACD8564B-796E-4383-B696-DC22D75893B7.jpeg

AD081623-A756-43D6-8DF0-5F1EAC8E9027.jpeg

5140E580-3881-4790-A4D3-95AC95BF5DA2.jpeg

The tooth shown comes from the Judith river formation. Albertosaurus is only described from the Horseshoe Canyon Formation in Alberta. This tooth is either a Daspletosaurus or a Gorgosaurus. You can't tell their teeth apart. So you would have to label it as Tyrannosaur indet. I would pas on it. It's in pretty bad shape. There are more nice teeth out there, wait for the right one, I'm sure you will find a nice one;).

• I found this Informative 2

This is a little better, but I think there are better ones available.

You may want to save up Your money so You can get a good tooth.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

12 minutes ago, Troodon said:

where is it from? what are they saying it is?

Same story. Listed as Albertosaurus tooth tip but from Judith River formation.

Thanks I would not waste my money on partial teeth that are commonly available.  Save up and buy a complete tooth.   

• I found this Informative 1

24 minutes ago, ynot said:

This is a little better, but I think there are better ones available.

You may want to save up Your money so You can get a good tooth.

9 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thanks I would not waste my money on partial teeth that are commonly available.  Save up and buy a complete tooth.   

Okay but it might be my only chance...

They are so rare and so expensive normally... Maybe I will be able to get the second one at a reasonable price by making him an offer.

I don’t know...

Regards

1 hour ago, DatFossilBoy said:

They are so rare and so expensive normally.

Save Your money, be patient, keep Your eyes out and a real good one will come Your way at a reasonable price.:yay-smiley-1:

Most of all- do not be in a hurry to buy one.:thumbsu:

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Okay.

Wise advice,thanks ;) 

1 minute ago, ynot said:

Save Your money, be patient, keep Your eyes out and a real good one will come Your way at a reasonable price.:yay-smiley-1:

Most of all- do not be in a hurry to buy one.:thumbsu:

@DatFossilBoy I love your enthusiasm it is infectious but if I was you , like ynot said I would slow down a bit, look around, don’t rush to buy any fossil . It takes some time to amass a great  collection. Your already on the right tacks . Wait and get yourself a couple of choice buys to enhance your collection. 

Cheers bobby

• 2 months later...

Also saw this tooth being advertised to me as an Albertosaur from Judith River Formation and should actually be tyrannosaur indet. Thankfully I have been reading posts on this forum to know if it is from Judith River formation then it is either a Daspletosaurus or a Gorgosaurus tooth. Just a warning to others it happens so often (even now) so knowledge is key! The person also runs a popular website. Regardless I think it's a nice tooth but currently it's not a high priority on my list and it is quite expensive at the moment  but I like it although it's missing a portion by base and near the tip and the tip is also worn.

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

• 6 months later...
On 3/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, DatFossilBoy said:

Hello everyone.

I saw this nice Albertosaurus tooth fragment online being sold for relatively cheap.

I thought it had nice size,serrations and tip. It is from the Judith formation in Montana.

Do you think it is worth considering? Or do you think I should keep my money. If I could get it a bit repaired and nicely reglue the fragments,It could be quite neat I think.

It would be my first Tyrannosaurid in my collection (and my only for a long time).

What do you think? Here are the 3 pictures I have.

Thanks alot,Regards

ACD8564B-796E-4383-B696-DC22D75893B7.jpeg

AD081623-A756-43D6-8DF0-5F1EAC8E9027.jpeg

5140E580-3881-4790-A4D3-95AC95BF5DA2.jpeg

Might be in bad shape, did you pass this up cause I'll take it Lol

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

9 hours ago, Mioplosus_Lover24 said:

Might be in bad shape, did you pass this up cause I'll take it Lol

That tooth is probably long gone as this thread is almost a year old now.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

16 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

That tooth is probably long gone as this thread is almost a year old now.

Oh that's a shame I joined this site recently you know the website?

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff: