Spinosaurus tooth composit?

So a seller was offering me these teeth, the biggest is about 13,5cm long. I am interested in the long one wich looks like it is fully rooted. But the question is is it a composit?

DSC02100.JPG

DSC02099.JPG

DSC02103.JPG

DSC02102.JPG

All three look dubious. But I think the long one looks the best of these. The short one is definitely repaired in the middle. But I think the crown tip looks like it might have been composited. The big fat one has a good looking partial root. But the crown looks composited.

The long one you were interested in looks like it has an original crown. But I think the root was composited on. See how the brownish matrix covers the white of the root? Around the middle of the piece it looks like this matrix looks a bit extra smudgy and goes around to the other side. So I think it's been composited there.

I'd say pass on these. They aren't bad as composites go, but there are much better teeth out there.

• I found this Informative 4

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

5 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

All three look dubious. But I think the long one looks the best of these. The short one is definitely repaired in the middle. But I think the crown tip looks like it might have been composited. The big fat one has a good looking partial root. But the crown looks composited.

The long one you were interested in looks like it has an original crown. But I think the root was composited on. See how the brownish matrix covers the white of the root? Around the middle of the piece it looks like this matrix looks a bit extra smudgy and goes around to the other side. So I think it's been composited there.

I'd say pass on these. They aren't bad as composites go, but there are much better teeth out there.

I am only interested in the long one. Because it looks like it has a long root. Unfortunately I don't know if it is composited. 

There are suspicious areas on the rooted tooth and would like to hold it to be certain.  Unfortunately one does not have that opportunity so the answer is simple, pass on it.  Why risk it when there are lots of other Spinosaurid teeth constantly being offered, no reason to rush and buy one.    My feeling on Spino teeth is there is matrix/glue mix covering areas of the tooth just pass who knows whats been done to it.  Go after clean teeth.. 

• I found this Informative 3

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

There are suspicious areas on the rooted tooth and would like to hold it to be certain.  Unfortunately one does not have that opportunity so the answer is simple, pass on it.  Why risk it when there are lots of other Spinosaurid teeth constantly being offered, no reason to rush and buy one.    My feeling on Spino teeth is there is matrix/glue mix covering areas of the tooth just pass who knows whats been done to it.  Go after clean teeth.. 

Thank you!

In Kem Kem beds these Spinosaurid teeth are very plentiful, so I agree, there really is no reason for you to rush my friend @Baryonyx.

It took me almost 2 years of researching, and over time a good sized, 100% genuine tooth came at a great price for me, and yet this tooth was in a lot with three wonderful fossils, and I only paid US $62,00 for all!

image.png.6c54e954b0bda9c1aa816670380edde9.png

Research on a little more, wait calmly that at the right time, your tooth will also appear... On Ebay there is a Spanish who is paleontologist, but in fact is an excellent geologist, sometimes he usually sell Spinosaurid teeth (when he can recognize one :headscratch:), good size, good price and sometimes genuine ... So wait it will be worth it.

• I found this Informative 1

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG