Tooth from Bissekty formation to ID

Yuriy

Wow very odd tooth.  Can I see a photo of other carina and one of the base.  Height of just the crown from cervix?  Serration count midline over 5mm .  Looks a bit like Richardoestesia asiatica but too robust.

• I found this Informative 1

12 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Wow very odd tooth.  Can I see a photo of other carina and one of the base 

Here they are!

img419.thumb.jpg.a128e22b720999fbf1c2e3b4b668d872.jpg

img420.jpg.36b2bd30642164ee578ce8e2f4bb3de9.jpg

28 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Height of just the crown from cervix?  Serration count midline over 5mm .

It is 24 mm, 16 serrations on 5 mm

img421.thumb.jpg.00dd1e307be5f7739e01a1373c335aa1.jpg

Thank you.  Have not see a tooth quite like this one because big theropod teeth are not usually triangular.  The only one described from the region that is that shape is Richardoestesia asiatica.   Unfortunately the serration density is to low to be one as well as the size of the tooth is too large and its not compressed enough.  Other than it not being recurved the morphology fits Timurlengia.   Might be an unerupted tooth not fully developed, weird positional tooth or a different species do not know.   Hans-Dieter might be interested in seeing it since he described Timurlenga.  So why dont you send him an email with all the info, photos you provided me, he might respond to you.  If he does give us the feedback.

• Hans-Dieter Sues
  • E-mail Address:   sueshat SI dot edu

Edit also provide him the length (FABL) and width (BW) of the base at the cervix

Edited by Troodon
  • I found this Informative 9

On 23.03.2018 at 9:12 PM, Troodon said:

If he does give us the feedback.

I got the following answer from Mr. Sues:

The tooth crowns looks like those of the more anterior teeth of Timurlengia but the vertical striations are very different.

• I found this Informative 3

34 minutes ago, Yuriy said:

I got the following answer from Mr. Sues:

The tooth crowns looks like those of the more anterior teeth of Timurlengia but the vertical striations are very different.

Fantastic, happy that he replied now you have an answer from a real expert :D   The striations might just be a function of how it minerialized or something different.  Now he knows its out there.  Now I need to see if other positional are out in the market for my collection:dinothumb:.  Nice tooth enjoy.

• I found this Informative 2