Texas Fossils

steve71

Not too shabby is right! Those mammoth teeth are sweet.What part of Tx are they from?"if ya don't mind me asking"

Not too shabby is right! Those mammoth teeth are sweet.What part of Tx are they from?"if ya don't mind me asking"

my favorite piece is the short face cave bear tooth thats my guess as what it is

Hey Steve good to see you posting here go to the TC board all the time to check on your latest finds. Nice stuff as always. Thanks for showing us.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Hey Steve good to see you posting here go to the TC board all the time to check on your latest finds. Nice stuff as always. Thanks for showing us.

tc board?

Glad you got that password thing worked out. You've made some seriously cool finds, and it's good to see another part of Texas represented. Welcome back.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

corpus christi area

Jeepinthemud is gonna have a heart attack when he sees this post!He is going to be living in the Corpus area.

Guest Smilodon
just some fossils i've found recently

Uhh, excuse me, but is that a baby mastodon below the big canine and next to the (possum/raccoon) jaw?

And btw, I have a feeling that that is not a bear canine but a lower jaguar canine (hard to tell from just a picture) - much cooler if it is. Someday I'll release to the world how to tell a cat canine from all others, but not today.

Mammoth in jaw, how nice.

Exceptional haul. You get a DVPS ex-Presidential Attaboy! post-2027-1250007247_thumb.jpg

Jeepinthemud is gonna have a heart attack when he sees this post!He is going to be living in the Corpus area.

well he better look me up,lol

Uhh, excuse me, but is that a baby mastodon below the big canine and next to the (possum/raccoon) jaw?

And btw, I have a feeling that that is not a bear canine but a lower jaguar canine (hard to tell from just a picture) - much cooler if it is. Someday I'll release to the world how to tell a cat canine from all others, but not today.

Exceptional haul. You get a DVPS ex-Presidential Attaboy! post-2027-1250007247_thumb.jpg

from all the pics i've looked at thats what it looked like to me the most is a bear.i'm no expert.not sure on the baby mastodon but have found baby mammoth teeth and adult mastodon.the jaw nobody can tell me what it is sofare.

from all the pics i've looked at thats what it looked like to me the most is a bear.i'm no expert.not sure on the baby mastodon but have found baby mammoth teeth and adult mastodon.the jaw nobody can tell me what it is sofare.

The jaw: Columbian mammoth.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

i thought you were talking about the teeth from the frame,sorry yes that was a mastdon tooth forgot i found that.pic is about 4 months old.sold that tooth

Holy snarge Steve, I work about 30 rivers and creeks all over the state and your finds blow mine away!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Holy snarge Steve, I work about 30 rivers and creeks all over the state and your finds blow mine away!

i find them looking for artifacts i sell the fossils for gas money,lol.petrenla creek not sure if its spelt right but its by corpus found good stuff in it.

tc board?

Texas Cache

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Haha. Hello there!

I live down in Corpus for school between Sep and April... TAMUCC. haha.

I found Petronila on the map... is it the river just west of the name (on google maps) between Petronila and Driscoll?

Sending you a PM....

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Not too shabby is quite the understatement! Thanks for sharing. B)

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

it wouldnt let me reply to your question about the jaw.i sold it already 450

Haha. Hello there!

I live down in Corpus for school between Sep and April... TAMUCC. haha.

I found Petronila on the map... is it the river just west of the name (on google maps) between Petronila and Driscoll?

Sending you a PM....

yes thats the one.i havent been to that one in a couple years.last 2 times i went 2 mammoth tusks, bison skull and bones hog skull.so its a good place i better go before you get there.lol.so dang hot

yes thats the one.i havent been to that one in a couple years.last 2 times i went 2 mammoth tusks, bison skull and bones hog skull.so its a good place i better go before you get there.lol.so dang hot

If you get there first, leave some fossils for me to find!

If I get there first, I'll leave some artifacts!

Do you go up or downstream?

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex