Texas

steve71

Nice stuff Steve. I was wondering if you were on this forum. Waiting on a call to see if I'm going to Rockport this week.

Travis

Nice stuff Steve. I was wondering if you were on this forum. Waiting on a call to see if I'm going to Rockport this week.

Travis

call me up 361 463 9911. i had lost my password to this place and just got a new one.

post-152-1250003338_thumb.jpg

Reds, flounder, drum, oh my!

Fossils and fish so if we don't see Travis for a few weeks we will know why.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Wow, Steve, you have some killer posts today. I may have to re-think what direction I drive on my next trip.

As far as what you are finding, it's all trash. Box it up and send it to me and I will dispose of it properly. :P:drool:

Not an expert, but I'm thinking

#1 bison horn (first impression) OR maybe a tusk end. Do you have a picture of the end?

#2 mammoth tooth with a bunch of arrowheads stuck to it and Fred Flintstone's bowling ball? :P

#3 didn't you post that bone some time back?

#4 a couple of nice tiger shark teeth.

#5 that big shark tooth didn't come from Texas did it? Looks Moroccan.

#6 somebody ID'ed that in another post.

#7 nice point. Is that from a coastal location?

the first picture looks like a bovid horn core, not a horn, and if it is highly mineralized, i would suspect it's from one of the earlier bison species due to the lack of strong curve. i can't really tell how big it is or how much of it may be broken off from it, so i won't start guessing regarding which species (antiquus, latifrons, etc.)

i am still very curious about the bone that looks reminiscent of a vertebrae, but has three articulating points. you posted that before, and i wondered a lot what it was.

water washes them out no digging beach finds

What beach were you on? We were down in Port Aransas and did not find anything.

Steve, the first pic looks like 3 associated pieces of crappy mammoth tusk. :) Were they all found together, or scattered closely?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

oh, snarge! john's right! forget everything i said before. it's inexplicable but somehow i just looked at the general shape and noted that it wasn't a horn and decided it was a horn core, but the material is totally wrong for that.

good thing i'm already the forum fool or i'd be totally embarrassed.

Wow, Steve, you have some killer posts today. I may have to re-think what direction I drive on my next trip.

As far as what you are finding, it's all trash. Box it up and send it to me and I will dispose of it properly. :P:drool:

Not an expert, but I'm thinking

#1 bison horn (first impression) OR maybe a tusk end. Do you have a picture of the end?

#2 mammoth tooth with a bunch of arrowheads stuck to it and Fred Flintstone's bowling ball? :P

#3 didn't you post that bone some time back?

#4 a couple of nice tiger shark teeth.

#5 that big shark tooth didn't come from Texas did it? Looks Moroccan.

#6 somebody ID'ed that in another post.

#7 nice point. Is that from a coastal location?

first one is tusk and not the first one i found,yes mammoth tooth and arrowheads i'm guessing ball joint.i might have.big tooth is from texas will take you to area when you visit.yes a local find by me

the first picture looks like a bovid horn core, not a horn, and if it is highly mineralized, i would suspect it's from one of the earlier bison species due to the lack of strong curve. i can't really tell how big it is or how much of it may be broken off from it, so i won't start guessing regarding which species (antiquus, latifrons, etc.)

i am still very curious about the bone that looks reminiscent of a vertebrae, but has three articulating points. you posted that before, and i wondered a lot what it was.

could it be a 3 toe horse?

What beach were you on? We were down in Port Aransas and did not find anything.

well right before you get to the ferrys on the right comming from rockport you can drive down to the flats and where they dredge you will find fossils

Steve, the first pic looks like 3 associated pieces of crappy mammoth tusk. :) Were they all found together, or scattered closely?

well at least this one didnt just fall to many pieces,lol.we found 2 that were about 6-7 foot bottom of creek and they just fell to pieces.a friend and i found about the first 4 feet it would just fall off in sections.we took a couple pieces home and when we went back the whole area has fallin and covered the tusk.about 2 years later tide washed the sand away and this was the end of the tusk.

call me up 361 463 9911. i had lost my password to this place and just got a new one.

MAN! - I wish I knew stuff like that was down there when I lived in Aransas Pass!

Great work - I'll look forward to seeing more!

O

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

hey steve...did you cry when you saw those folsoms were broken? i would have! lol. still quite nice though. is the broken base fluted on both sides?

hey steve...did you cry when you saw those folsoms were broken? i would have! lol. still quite nice though. is the broken base fluted on both sides?

sure wanted too,both sides are fluted

Guest Smilodon
not sure if ya'll seen these.maybe you experts can tell me what i'm finding

Steve,

I'd like to see another couple of pictures of the 3 pronged bone thing from different angles maybe something for size comparison in the photo too. It seems so distinctive yet I just don't recognize it from that one angle.

Steve,

I'd like to see another couple of pictures of the 3 pronged bone thing from different angles maybe something for size comparison in the photo too. It seems so distinctive yet I just don't recognize it from that one angle.

its at a friends house maybe someday i'll get another pic