"Trilobite Takedown" AMNH YouTube Video

Nimravis

I was searching around the Internet today and I came across a recent video on YouTube called "Trilobite Takedown". It was a seminar given by Melanie Hopkins (Assistant Curator- Division of Paleontolgy- AMNH) and posted on 2-27-18. I am not positive if it is the complete seminar, but the 19 minutes that were posted, was very informative to a mostly non-trilobite collector and Ms. Hopkins is a very good speaker. @Kane and @piranha I think you would enjoy this video. BTW- I do not know how to add links to posts like this, I am lucky I can turn on my computer.

• I found this Informative 6

16 minutes ago, digit said:

Great talk--wish it was longer.

Cheers.

-Ken

That is what I was would have liked and wondered if they edited it down.

Seemed like she was just getting into the good stuff and then wrapped up. I know that at conferences where a lot of talks are presented that there are strict time limits and presenters time their talks to fit into the available space. This talk kinda made me want to sign-up for Trilobites 101 and sit through a semester of knowledge. Anybody know of any good introductory texts on trilobites?

:trilo::trilosurprise::trilowalk:

Cheers.

-Ken

For those who watched the video--had to laugh at the "creepy" photographer near the end.

5 minutes ago, digit said:

For those who watched the video--had to laugh at the "creepy" photographer near the end.

Lol- I did too.

10 hours ago, Peat Burns said:

Here you go...:)

Trilobite Takedown

Thank you for posting the link that nimravis refferred to! I am like him in respects to not understanding how to post a link. My grandchildren have a greater proficiency than me concerning computers.

• I found this Informative 1

24 minutes ago, Malone said:

Thank you for posting the link that nimravis refferred to! I am like him in respects to not understanding how to post a link. My grandchildren have a greater proficiency than me concerning computers.

My pleasure.  Just when I get too cocky about my computer savvy, one of my students puts me in my place, so I understand completely :)

• I found this Informative 2

Great video! Thanks for sharing!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Seemed like she was just getting into the good stuff and then wrapped up. I know that at conferences where a lot of talks are presented that there are strict time limits and presenters time their talks to fit into the available space. This talk kinda made me want to sign-up for Trilobites 101 and sit through a semester of knowledge. 

Dude, IKR? I was just settling back in my chair really getting into it and POOF!

Excellent. 

Thanks.

The growth rate stuff is very interesting. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png