Spinosaurus tooth real root?

I saw this tooth now the question is if the whole root is real..? I think it's a composite of two roots one is part of the tooth the other one glued on.

IMG_20180326_220443.png

IMG_20180326_220506.png

IMG_20180326_220540.png

This view should raise some concern so if thats the case why risk it,  just move on to the many being offered that are definitively good.

IMG_20180326_220604.thumb.png.b52c8b8d3e4c59db06a57fd8b8f6bebb.png.2fb24baa03182cd5935b47bc5aaba21c.png 

• I found this Informative 4

The crown is real and the root is real for about half an inch, and then there is some composite added on to make it look like a full root, also of what is real there seems to be 3 repairs, however its possible there is only 2 and one is a hairline fracture that has not developed in to a full break.

• I found this Informative 3

I think this is composited from two pieces. A rather nice tooth crown with a partial root, and a lower part of a root that was glued on. Without the composited bottom end this might actually be a rather nice piece as the crown seems to be in fairly good condition besides the small amount of damage on the side of the enamel.

• I found this Informative 3

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I'm not quite sure if the piece they glued on to the root of tooth1 is actually another root .. sometimes can even be bone etc...

image.png.04542d2416bef2f8499e68cb3c52f92e.png

• I found this Informative 2

Definitely this is a Frankentooth. And definitely this is all the fault of some Moroccan... So, I particularly advise to listen to what our friend @Tidgy's Dad advised! :D

• I found this Informative 1

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

3 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Definitely this is a Frankentooth. And definitely this is all the fault of some Moroccan... So, I particularly advise to listen to what our friend @Tidgy's Dad advised! :D

I confess, it was me. :(

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

13 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I confess, it was me. :(

I knew it was you! In the suspense movies, in the end, whoever is to blame is always the butler or the one who wears a red Fez over his head! Elementary, my dear Watson!

:rofl:

Huge hug my friend! No frills, you live in my heart! :D

• I found this Informative 2

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Saw this tooth as well. It does look realistic, but as the other members have pointed out, it's just a slightly-better made composite.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!