Two Orbitoplax weaveri crabs

RJB

I ran into these the other day while going through a box of my fossil stuff.  These are both Orbitoplax weaveri from the state of Oregon but from two different sites.  The one on the left is in much softer rock and about 90 miles from the other unprepped one from another site where the same crab is found but in much tuffer rock!!!  Just nasty rock and very very hard to prep.  I can see now that the good one needs more work.  I wasn't very good at prepping in those days.  Ive got about 20 more concretions of this crab to prep, but that will take some time.  Not that I need any more prep projects!!!   And also one of my best ever of this crab.  This one used to be my avitar.  A really good specimen for this species!!!

RB

DSCN1571.JPG

DSCN2097.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

The specimen in the first photo is not too shabby, but that last poto is amazing! :drool: :envy:

You can see the eye stalks and everything!

Don

Love the crab in the last pic!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I just realized that I 'redid' the prep on that last crab in the last photo.  Im a bit better at prep than i use to be.  I didn't have a lot of patience back in the day and was always in a hurry to get to the finished product, so to speak.  You can easily see the difference from 20 years ago to what I redid about a year ago. 

RB

DSCN0910.JPG

• I found this Informative 5

Ok, that was $10 including shipping for the pair right?

PM sent.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

13 hours ago, RJB said:

I just realized that I 'redid' the prep on that last crab in the last photo.  Im a bit better at prep than i use to be.  I didn't have a lot of patience back in the day and was always in a hurry to get to the finished product, so to speak.  You can easily see the difference from 20 years ago to what I redid about a year ago. 

RB

DSCN0910.JPG

It’s a totally different crab! Your prepping is amazing to say the least.

Thanks everybody.  and @ynot i wont be prepping the right one in the top photo.  Gunna keep that one just way it is to show how some are found. Plus that one would be a nightmare to prep.