Seeking a burned out scribe tip

DevonianDigger

Hello, prep friends!

Does anyone have exact specs on the stylus/pins for the CP and Paleotools units? I just purchased a knockoff and this diamond pin that it came with is totally useless. I want to replace it, but have no idea how compatible it will be with anything else. 

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

It has a flat end?!

No, no. Sorry, I was just showing the length of the pin and the mechanical end. It’s got a “diamond” in the tip, which dulled out after 5 minutes of limestone... so... not a great diamond. I knew the pin tip would be garbage and that I would need a better one, just didn’t know what the specs would be on it. I could always have one custom made, but I’d really love it if it were compatible with other tips already on the market. A one-off custom carbide tip would cost me more than the whole unit did.

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

Does anyone have a shot CP stylus that I could buy or trade for? I really don't care what condition the actual tip is in, it can be totally destroyed, I just want to see if they are compatible with my new scribe before I drop 50$+ on a new one. The stylus in mine appears to be modeled after the CP stylus quite directly, but I just don't know what the dimension on the CP tip are. Unless someone wants to take measurements of one of theirs for me ;) 

Thanks!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

• 4 months later...
On 4/3/2018 at 5:35 PM, DevonianDigger said:

Does anyone have a shot CP stylus that I could buy or trade for? I really don't care what condition the actual tip is in, it can be totally destroyed, I just want to see if they are compatible with my new scribe before I drop 50$+ on a new one. The stylus in mine appears to be modeled after the CP stylus quite directly, but I just don't know what the dimension on the CP tip are. Unless someone wants to take measurements of one of theirs for me ;) 

Thanks!

Are you still looking for an old 9361 stylus? My scribe imploded and I just upgraded to the ME9100.

I can send you the old stylus if you need one.

11 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Are you still looking for an old 9361 stylus? My scribe imploded and I just upgraded to the ME9100.

I can send you the old stylus if you need one.

Is it one of the Paleotools ones or just a standard issue CP? Either way I would be interested, just PM me what I owe you, thanks!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

59 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

Is it one of the Paleotools ones or just a standard issue CP? Either way I would be interested, just PM me what I owe you, thanks!

49 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

it is the stock CP stylus. Just PM me your address and I’ll send it to you. It was going in the trash until I remembered you were looking for one.

Just out of curiousity, isnt the CP compatible with the ME9100 or viseversa?    i hope it works out for you @DevonianDigger

RB

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Just out of curiousity, isnt the CP compatible with the ME9100 or viseversa?    i hope it works out for you @DevonianDigger

RB

According to Brook (Paleo Tools GM) the ME stylus does not fit the CP front end.

7 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

According to Brook (Paleo Tools GM) the ME stylus does not fit the CP front end.

Thanks man.  I didn't know.  and of course I just may forget in a shot time? 

RB

On 8/13/2018 at 7:12 AM, Ptychodus04 said:

you will need the ME front bushing to make it work its pressed in after you disassemble  the CP front bushing ive done it to a few of my CP air scribes

Archived