A couple of vertebrae

Shellseeker

Trying to identify 2 Verts from the Peace River, Florida.  Initially I thought that the 1st vert was shark. It is unusual. Hopefully someone recognizes the big circular "hole"...

IMG_1307UnkVert1.thumb.jpg.071277018389067f1bffccec1cef7f3d.jpgIMG_1308UnkVert1.thumb.jpg.56d15a99130a6471dcca349c378266ea.jpgIMG_1309UnkVert1.thumb.jpg.882c75a72cb96beb903ff81d028271de.jpg

The 2nd is beat up a little, maybe harder to identify

IMG_1312UnkVert2.thumb.jpg.5abeac803c301832a6e739a0c6a86d8a.jpgIMG_1313UnkVert2.thumb.jpg.a74545ec13c9fdb05f0a81b1c0728d4d.jpgIMG_1314UnkVert2.thumb.jpg.8e03266b9121d366869f3bcf9ede9b4f.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

3 hours ago, Troodon said:

Out of my elements much too recent:D but could be a croc vert.

Found this on the internet:  Thanks for the pointer...

For FLORIDA fossil hunters... Do you have Alligator Verts that look like this?

I have found many gator verts that do not look like this, What I am wondering is: did I actually find a Crocodile vert in the Peace River or is this just a different type of Alligator vert... I am going to look for similar looking Alligator verts.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

I had a photo of a Croc vert from the Internet that "might be copyrighted", so I edited my previous post to delete the photo..

Also from what I could see,  Alligators and even bison might have this type of vert...  Given where I am hunting , it is probably Alligator...

7 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

I had a photo of a Croc vert from the Internet that "might be copyrighted", so I edited my previous post to delete the photo..

Also from what I could see,  Alligators and even bison might have this type of vert...  Given where I am hunting , it is probably Alligator...

Nice finds!

Images found on the internet are nearly always copyrighted. But that doesn't prevent you from showing the picture here, even if it isn't yours. As long as you clearly say that it isn't your picture and that you found it online, you shouldn't be in any problems. ;)

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

There will be no problem if you add the link of the web site where you found the pic ;)

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Hey Jack, cant help much... though here's one fragment in my croc/alligator pile...does have that roundish shaped depression almost looks more oblong than round. Wish I had something more to offer..

5ac05a88f3d1b_GatorCrocvert.thumb.jpg.a2a493d7341426f061d32027adb1f1cb.jpg

Regards, Chris 

Ball-and-socket says croc to me

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

Could the other be an atlas/axix vert?

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

Archived