Inoceramus

Malone

3 hours ago, Malone said:

Just some more inoceramus, I think? Anyway I like showing things I find that I think are neat.

I like seeing them!  :popcorn:

:)

2 minutes ago, Peat Burns said:

I like seeing them!  :popcorn:

:)

Me too! I was hoping other people did too! Thanks!

1 minute ago, Malone said:

Me too! I was hoping other people did too! Thanks!

Your picture isn't showing up.  :)

2 minutes ago, Peat Burns said:

Your picture isn't showing up.  :)

I guess they didn't load sorry . They have about 6" showing.

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

Just now, Malone said:

I guess they didn't load sorry . They have about 6" showing.

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

There they are!  Very nice.  Where are they from?

16 minutes ago, Malone said:

I have a two sided one that is a little broke. Should I glue it?

You mean you have both valves?  If so, it depends in my opinion.  If the separate valves show details of the hinge and teeth, I'd keep them separate and maybe just rubber-band them together or use museum puddy so that they can be taken apart for examination. 

5 minutes ago, Malone said:

I have a bunch more but the pictures don't want to load even when I minimize the picture 

Try refreshing the page and trying again.  That usually helps

7 minutes ago, Peat Burns said:

You mean you have both valves?  If so, it depends in my opinion.  If the separate valves show details of the hinge and teeth, I'd keep them separate and maybe just rubber-band them together or use museum puddy so that they can be taken apart for examination. 

Try refreshing the page and trying again.  That usually helps

I did and they still won't load. The two valves are attached, just chipped on the end. It's in the low light picture.

I think it might be good if there was "I find that hilarious button " next to I find that informative button, but it would probably get abused.

I tried not to handle the one with both valves much cause I didn't want it to break any more. I thought about superglue, but didn't know if that would be bad to do.

By the way anyone know how to pm from an IPhone? I sent one reply to a pm that was sent to me, but don't know how to just send one.

11 minutes ago, Malone said:

I tried not to handle the one with both valves much cause I didn't want it to break any more. I thought about superglue, but didn't know if that would be bad to do.

If it's a broken valve, I'd glue it.  Superglue is just fine.  That's what is commonly used - just different viscosities of cyanoacrylate with fancy paleo trade names. Different viscosities depending on specific application.  Reversible with acetone.

1 minute ago, Peat Burns said:

If it's a broken valve, I'd glue it.  Superglue is just fine.  That's what is commonly used - just different viscosities of cyanoacrylate with fancy paleo trade names. Different viscosities depending on specific application.  Reversible with acetone.

You can see how it's broken. To glue or not to glue? That is the question I ask of you?  Bad Shakespeare pun

I also thought the matrix inside might be interesting to have exposed, but being new to collecting I thought Ishould try to solicit some experienced collectors opinions.

Archived