Inoceramus

Malone

Some nice Inoceramus there. :)

I'd glue it too. 

Dollop of superglue and Bob's Your Uncle. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

If you are worried about the glue looking messy. Don’t apply lots of glue, keep the glue to the centre of the damaged fossil and not to the edge. Also you can buy thick superglue that is a lot less runny. And as our friend Adam said bob’s your uncle.

• I found this Informative 3

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

If you are worried about the glue looking messy. Don’t apply lots of glue, keep the glue to the centre of the damaged fossil and not to the edge. Also you can buy thick superglue that is a lot less runny. And as our friend Adam said bob’s your uncle.

Thank you! I just don't want it to look cheesy.I have to be honest I Don't what the uncle thing means. I don't have any uncles named Bob. Although I am adopted so it's possible he knows something I don't. I have never heard phrase before today. I assume it means it'll be good. Appreciate the help!

9 minutes ago, Malone said:

Thank you! I just don't want it to look cheesy.I have to be honest I Don't what the uncle thing means. I don't have any uncles named Bob. Although I am adopted so it's possible he knows something I don't. I have never heard phrase before today. I assume it means it'll be good. Appreciate the help!

It means as simple as that. I think the saying is from a British prime minister but I can’t remember his name. Glad I helped. 

• I found this Informative 2

Nice finds ! Thank you for posting them here. :)
They all are inoceramids, but it's hard to narrow down to the species level. Actually, in those strata are Inoceramus and Mytiloides (more abundant) species.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

8 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

Nice finds ! Thank you for posting them here. :)
They all are inoceramids, but it's hard to narrow down to the species level. Actually, in those strata are Inoceramus and Mytiloides (more abundant) species.

Someone ( I can't remember right now who) gave me a link from the USGS that has a list of known species. I feel terrible I can't remember. I will find the post and edit this when I find out. It's a great link. It shows pictures of the location and what layers contain which known fossils. Very detailed and descriptive. Thank for responding! Your responses are of great value to me!

You can use Kennedy et al., 2000 - revision for determination.

5abf84988ad2d_W.J.Kennedyetal.2000_1.thumb.jpg.f56ed2ba3a19a5ba95122c8f6d608444.jpg5abf84bcbf880_W.J.Kennedyetal.2000_2.thumb.jpg.b1d4c909f2d2a74551643a2045b02fda.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

15 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

You can use Kennedy et al., 2000 - revision for determination.

5abf84988ad2d_W.J.Kennedyetal.2000_1.thumb.jpg.f56ed2ba3a19a5ba95122c8f6d608444.jpg5abf84bcbf880_W.J.Kennedyetal.2000_2.thumb.jpg.b1d4c909f2d2a74551643a2045b02fda.jpg

Thank you! The work that has been done and is being done is extremely valuable to a growing knowledge base that future generations will benefit from. In hundreds of years this forum will be being used as a reference for the ongoing studies of life.

On 3/30/2018 at 4:40 PM, Bobby Rico said:

It means as simple as that. I think the saying is from a British prime minister but I can’t remember his name. Glad I helped. 

Thank you! I try to understand what people mean when they say things, I don't always succeed. I honestly do appreciate your help in allowing me to have a better comprehension! I believe from many experiences the better people understand each other the better.

34 minutes ago, Malone said:

Thank you! I try to understand what people mean when they say things, I don't always succeed. I honestly do appreciate your help in allowing me to have a better comprehension! I believe from many experiences the better people understand each other the better.

No problem, TFF has many international members using different turn of phrases  . This for me is part of the fun of the forum. 

Also just to let you know Bob’s your uncle can be followed by and Fanny’s your aunt. It means the same (as simple as that or there you have it.) I hope your glueing turned out fine, I have a couple of fossils that I will be glueing today. 

Cheers bobby

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

No problem, TFF has many international members using different turn of phrases  . This for me is part of the fun of the forum. 

Also just to let you know Bob’s your uncle can be followed by and Fanny’s your aunt. It means the same (as simple as that or there you have it.) I hope your glueing turned out fine, I have a couple of fossils that I will be glueing today. 

Cheers bobby

Thank you again! I think I will try glueing today as well.