DPS Ammonite

I was exploring a canyon south of Globe, Arizona in the Mescal Mountains where I found two bones in the Devonian Martin Formation, (Frasnian Age, 372-383 mya). Do you agree that they are bones? If so, what type of bones from what creature? I see that the only vertebrates in existence were fish and possibly the earliest tetrapods. 

See table of Arizona vertebrate fossils found in: DAVID K. ELLIOTT and RONALD C. BLAKEY, “THE PRE-PERMIAN VERTEBRATE RECORD IN ARIZONA”, Heckert, A.B., and Lucas, S.G., eds., 2005, Vertebrate Paleontology in Arizona. New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science Bulletin No. 29.

19 mm diameter US penney for scale.

Photo P1020698 left side detail of Photo P1020702

Photo P1020702 I have several detailed photos of this one if needed.

Photo P1020705 Second bone I found on top of same layer a few feet away. Same animal?

AZ Devonian verts.JPG

P1020698 - Copy (1280x714).jpg

P1020702 - Copy (1280x568).jpg

P1020705 (1280x431).jpg

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Neat find.  They look like fish to me based on bone structure/texture. Placoderm armor is my guess.

• I found this Informative 2

@Tidgy's DadFossilium, panem et circenses. Should you add "fossilium"?           

In Morocco, I know the fossils are fantastic, the bread is probably good. How are the circuses?

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

2 minutes ago, DPS Ammonite said:

@Tidgy's DadFossilium, Panem et circenses. Should you add "fossilium"?           

In Morroco, I know the fossils are fantastic, the bread is probably good. How are the circuses?

I don't want to give the people fossils! 

I want them all for myself. 

i wouldn't go to a circus here, i think it would be too horrifying for words.

The circenses here is rubbish TV. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

These should probably find their way into a museum. The first seems to be most of a rhipidistian jaw but might credibly even be tetrapod