Manchurochelys Turtle genuine?

Seems a bit suspicious, there are too many of these that are faked. I would skip it.

• I found this Informative 1

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Especially the legs and foot bones look very suspicious, the fingers seem like one bone. 

I'm not sure. The number of pleural shields left and right I think is different. 

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

I'm inclined to believe its real but very weary about it.   There is detail in the skull and symmetry.  The digits and tail have detail.  I don't see the disparity in the pleural shields but its needs closer eximination.   Definitely would pass on it because it really requires a first hand inspection which is not possible.

• I found this Informative 2

Actually looks purty good to me.  A very bad prep job though.  I have almost no experience working on turtles and it would be really nice to have this in the hand with my glasses on and my #10 opti-visor, then i would know for sure. 

RB

One thing that would help is the price. If it is too good to be true, well, you know the rest. But it is a very cool looking specimen!

I agree with everyone. Fake fossil turtles are getting better every year and it is increasingly difficult to identify what is real and what is not real with just photos. So just analyzing in hands still remains the best method. Only through these photos you sent, I could not distinguish any apparent difference in pleural shields and there is excellent symmetry! But unfortunately I have seen many parts that have no texture. So I'm strongly inclined to think it's a compound, meaning a fossil that was "make-up". For the purpose of comparison, I place below the photo of a legitimate fossil of Manchurochelys liaoxiensis that is deposited in my private collection:

image.thumb.png.b49b67e9db31a732d4045749ed8cb6df.png

image.png.786877e578a008d869b5701ee01a1cc0.png

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

The fossil looks pretty good, especially the body. But the finger/toe bones seem... carved. I have a hard time believing all the limbs were so perfectly preserved.

• I found this Informative 2

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!