KU Juvenile T. rex

KansasFossilHunter

I haven't been on the forum much over the last several years but I thought I'd share an article about a specimen I discovered in Montana in 2016; our KU Juvenile Tyrannosaurid. I was also hired as an assistant preparator at the KU Natural History Museum and I have been working on the specimen for several months. There is more material to the specimen than is shown in the video but we hope to share more as we move forward on our publication. 

https://www.history.com/news/tyrannosaurs-rex-montana-paleontology-discovery

We are very proud of our KU fossil and it will hopefully answer several of the questions surrounding the Nannotyrannus debate

-Kris Super 

IMG_4179.jpg

• I found this Informative 13

Wow this is absolutely phenomenal!!! :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

My most sincere congratulations on this extraordinary find! :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

I will be expecting further news on the publication with enthusiasm. 

Thanks a lot for sharing, and once again, CONGRATS!

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Nice of you to check in after all that time. But you obviously have good reason to drop in again. Looks good and sounds exciting. Looking forward to more updates as the work progresses.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Welcome back. Your finds continue to impress. Big congratulations. Thanks for sharing them.

Thanks for sharing, this is really the forefront of paleontology.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Very interesting and congratulations. :)

Look forward to the information about the Nannotyrannus debate. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Back with a bang . Great find and also I would like to know more about the big  Nano/Rex debate. Thanks for sharing . Bobby 

Congratulations, Kris!   :fistbump:

When I saw an article about this a few days ago, and saw that KU was involved, I wondered if perhaps our own "Super" man was involved in the discovery! ;) 

Looks like you are doing amazing work on this fossil! 

I figured we could expect great things from you, ... and you haven't disappointed! Looking forward to more great finds!

Thanks for bringing this back to your "roots" for us to enjoy. :D 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me