About Vilpovitsy quarry

Shuo Wang

Vilpovitsy quarry in St.Petersburg region of Russia is known for its trilobite fossils. Does anyone know what the coordinate (latitude and longitude) of Vilpovitsy quarry is?

Edited by Shuo Wang

5 hours ago, Kane said:

According to Google Maps: 59°45'10.2"N 29°40'59.8"E

I had tried to find the quarry on Google Maps but in vain. Thanks for your answer.

According to this coordinate, there is only a meadow on Google Maps and Google Street View. Is the quarry too small and undetectable?

31 minutes ago, Shuo Wang said:

I had tried to find the quarry on Google Maps but in vain. Thanks for your answer.

According to this coordinate, there is only a meadow on Google Maps and Google Street View. Is the quarry too small and undetectable?

My mistake - Google maps cancelled out the "quarry" in its search result. :doh!:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 minute ago, Kane said:

My mistake - Google maps cancelled out the "quarry" in its search result. :doh!:

That's OK. It seems like the quarry is a secret place where people can't find it easily.:D

The Google Map coordinates are correct, but the localities don't show up on a satellite view. 

This website url was copied into Google Translate and has directions how to get there.  LINK

Search Google with the Cyrillic equivalent for better results (Вильповицы карьер трилобит).

• I found this Informative 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

9 hours ago, piranha said:

The Google Map coordinates are correct, but the localities don't show up on a satellite view. 

This website url was copied into Google Translate and has directions how to get there.  LINK

Search Google with the Cyrillic equivalent for better results (Вильповицы карьер трилобит).

Thank you for giving me the details.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2018 at 7:35 AM, Shuo Wang said:

That's OK. It seems like the quarry is a secret place where people can't find it easily.:D

Here are the exact coordinates of the quarry. On satalite inages it's the long white blob..

3 hours ago, dolevfab said:

Here are the exact coordinates of the quarry. On satalite inages it's the long white blob..

Wow, you resolve my question. Thanks a lot. 

• 4 years later...
On 4/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, piranha said:

The blog doesn't load anymore