Oklahoma trilobite experts needed

Perfect Castaway

I had some rock left over from a trip to Oklahoma a few years ago and finally decided to take a hammer to it to see if I could find anything and, well, I found this guy. Pretty sure it's a trilobite, just wondering about the species. Looks to my untrained eye to be a phacopid. Not sure about which one, or even the orientation inside the rock. Haragan formation.  Any ideas?

rps20180331_160751.jpg

rps20180331_160830.jpg

rps20180331_160854.jpg

rps20180331_160911.jpg

rps20180331_160928.jpg

Judging by the shape, it may be Kainops raymondi, but that is a guess based solely on the outline. From what I have heard from others, it is not uncommon that trilobites from that formation may appear as "hairlines" and tend to shear through requiring being glued together and prepared in a manner similar to that of Devonian trilobites in Morocco. 

It might be more advantageous if we get @piranha's expertise on this one.

If I had to play with this one, I might remove the matrix in yellow to reveal some diagnostic details: 

ff.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

4 minutes ago, Kane said:

Judging by the shape, it may be Kainops raymondi, but that is a guess based solely on the outline. From what I have heard from others, it is not uncommon that trilobites from that formation may appear as "hairlines" and tend to shear through requiring being glued together and prepared in a manner similar to that of Devonian trilobites in Morocco. 

If I had to play with this one, I might remove the matrix in yellow: 

ff.jpg

Thanks, I should have mentioned that I intend to glue it back together and prep it out. I just want to make sure I'm hitting it from the right angle. 

I agree they are phacopids.  Here is a similar cross-section example from:

Whiteley, T., & Kloc, G. (1995)
Fossil Preparation Manual

Privately Published, 78 pp.

IMG.png.548aafb69926dca75f99f5768eeae18c.png

• I found this Informative 2

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png