Deep Springs 3-31-18

Darktooth

I made it back out today with my boys. The weather made it into the 50's with full sun, so it was a very nice day to be out. I managed to grab some of the goodies I left behind yesterday plus some of what I found today. I have moved a lot of rock these past two days and there are slabs and hash plates everywhere. Hopefully they will get a chance to weather before I get back there to split them. If somebody else gets to them first then that's just the way it is. Dylan did good on the trilo parts today. Devin just kind of did boy stuff. Similar to the last time I brought them out. Here is todays haul. A Small Greenops,a Eldregeops cephalon,  a couple Dipleura pygidiums, a few bivalves and a brach. Nothing fancy but a good day in my book.:)

20180331_175626.jpg

20180331_175642.jpg

20180331_175713.jpg

20180331_175737.jpg

20180331_175803.jpg

20180331_175921.jpg

20180331_180009.jpg

20180331_180046.jpg

20180331_180119.jpg

20180331_180139.jpg

20180331_180157.jpg

20180331_180222.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

You're killing it out there, Dave!

That Greenops is going to come out very nicely! And I think that well-ribbed bivalve in the last picture is Grammysoidea sp.? Well done on a great hunt today!!

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

4 minutes ago, Kane said:

You're killing it out there, Dave!

That Greenops is going to come out very nicely! And I think that well-ribbed bivalve in the last picture is Grammysoidea sp.? Well done on a great hunt today!!

Kane I wish you could see all of the slabs that I have moved in the past 2 days. They all contain fossils and there is going to be some nice things popping out of them when they get split.If I had a pickup I would of loaded it up.

18 minutes ago, Peat Burns said:

Wow!  Those bivalves are nice! :faint:

Thanks! My favorite of today is the Grammysia bisulcata in pic#7 it is the largest and nicest one I have found so far

Seems you always roll a 7,11 or 8 the hard way when you go there. Id love to hit this site will yall. It would be worth the 2-3 hour(if I remember correctly) drive from the Penn Dixie area. Thats a sweet Greenops there. I have only found a few rather complete ones from the PD area, but they're rather distorted. One was from a site Tim told me about and part of it fell off when I cracked the concretion to open it...lol. Have a good one!

...I'm back.

Another good day, Dave. I'll try to get out there again sometime this year. I hope. That Greenops of yours is real pretty.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Congratulations Dave on some excellent finds. I agree that Grammysia#7 is awesome. Plan to be there on Monday.  

3 hours ago, Jeffrey P said:

Congratulations Dave on some excellent finds. I agree that Grammysia#7 is awesome. Plan to be there on Monday.  

I wish I could meet you but I just took time off of work for the flu. But atleast I know that you will be able to reap the rewards of my labor. Please take advantage of the shelf that I dug out. Right now there is a shell layer that is exposed with large bivalves and brachipods. There are also plenty of them in the slabs laying around. If you dig below that shell layer I think you should do well will some trilos. It seems that everytime I dig under a shell layer that's when the nice trilos begin to appear. Please let me know how you make out.

Dave

4 hours ago, Raggedy Man said:

Seems you always roll a 7,11 or 8 the hard way when you go there. Id love to hit this site will yall. It would be worth the 2-3 hour(if I remember correctly) drive from the Penn Dixie area. Thats a sweet Greenops there. I have only found a few rather complete ones from the PD area, but they're rather distorted. One was from a site Tim told me about and part of it fell off when I cracked the concretion to open it...lol. Have a good one!

Come on out and play! I think its well worth a visit. Nice fossils, beautiful countryside you can't beat it! Would love to hunt with you.

All of the finds are nice, but those bivalves are superb!!!  Well done!!! 

I also think those bivalves are fantastic! :)

Good day's work! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

It is nice to see so many of you all commenting on the bivalves. I am amazed how nice some of them pop out of the matrix at this site. And the detail on them amazes me to. For those who are interested, some of these will make their way into trades and auctions over the spring and summer.

3 hours ago, Darktooth said:

It is nice to see so many of you all commenting on the bivalves. I am amazed how nice some of them pop out of the matrix at this site. And the detail on them amazes me to. For those who are interested, some of these will make their way into trades and auctions over the spring and summer.

I'm very interested in trading for bivalves!

5 minutes ago, Peat Burns said:

I'm very interested in trading for bivalves!

I will keep you in mind, and will let you know when I am ready.

• I found this Informative 1

Like that white brach. Awesome contrast!

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

4 hours ago, MeargleSchmeargl said:

Like that white brach. Awesome contrast!

Somtimes you find fossils there with some interesting mineralization.