Is this a real Thescelosaurus tooth?

Mudskipper22

So I just got this Thescelosaurus tooth.  I'm worried that it isn't real or actually a Thescelosaurus.  I've purchased from them before and I just want to make sure.  Can I get some conformation?  Also, this is my first post on the forum!

.20" Thescelosaurus Tooth - Montana

Hi, we’ll need more pictures of the fossil you have to get a more accurate idea of what you have. It also might be important to note not to call a dealer out if there is a mistake or mention where you got it. I believe this is a part of the forum rules. Welcome to the forum though :).

It's a very worn tooth, what makes it hard to ID. Pachycephalosaurids and Thescelosaurids have very similar teeth, but I think Thescelosaurus dentary tooth.

Welcome to the forum. 

Like others have said worn teeth are very difficult to identify.  A photo of the other side might help get closer to an ID.  There are characteristics of Thescelosaurus but not ready to make that call.

Posted this yesterday applies here but good for future purchases.

For future reference 

11 hours ago, Mudskipper22 said:

So I just got this Thescelosaurus tooth.  I'm worried that it isn't real or actually a Thescelosaurus.  I've purchased from them before and I just want to make sure.  Can I get some conformation?  Also, this is my first post on the forum!

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

I have moved your post to the "Is it Real" forum. ;) 

Also, I edited your post to remove the link to the seller. 

Please only post images from dealers. No Ad copy, no links. 

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. 
Welcome again. 

Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Archived