Unknown from Ventspils

Starchek

Hello, i found this item on Baltic Sea beach and i think it can be a fossil, can you help me please, what it is? Thank you!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Welcome to :tff:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

I agree - Rugose Coral.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

And a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

I agree with the others. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I'll throw my "yep" into the hat and shout out a big Howdy from Atlanta, Georgia (US).

11 hours ago, Starchek said:

Thank you! I try to find more fossils!

That's the spirit! :ighappy:

Make sure to show us your finds, we'd love to see what kind of fossils are found in Latvia!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

Find one more in same region, but my house is 200 km far away from thease place and i dont have so much time and money for pertrol to drive there regulary :( so i try to find some new places near my house.. (If someone want to help me i can give a coordinates :trex:) Please help what is on photo? Thank you!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is a very nice colonial or "tabulate" coral. Neat find! :) 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Very cool find on that coral!

For fossil locations nearby, I found this... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauja_Formation

Maybe you could try to find some places where this layer comes up? But that will surely be very hard to do...

Maybe go to the Natural History Museum of Riga and talk to some of the paleontologists there; perhaps they can point you towards a possible fossil location nearby. I'm not guaranteeing anything though... It is possible that they refuse to tell you where it was. But I still think it's worth the try. 

Max Derème