What is this fossil?

Bcurd

My son found this unique fossil in our creek bed.  Anyone know what this is?  Thanks for your help!

IMG_20180405_194802452~2.jpg

IMG_20180405_194624339~2.jpg

IMG_20180405_194655202~2.jpg

It's a trilobite and it is nicely rolled. :)

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Welcome to the forum from New York! That is a nice trilobite! It looks to be in good condition for being found in a creek. Clearer pics will help to give a more precise identification.  

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

3 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Bit blurry.

Enrolled Flexicalymene? 

I concur, may we get a more specific (maybe a town) Location? Something tells me this may have found its way there through anthropology if means (or maybe that’s just a feeling)

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

It's a Flexicalymine for sure.  Actually we found the identical fossil on a Google search for rolled up trilobite shortly after posting here.  We live in southeast Indiana.  It is from the Richmond formation.  Thanks for the replies!

9 minutes ago, Bcurd said:

It's a Flexicalymine for sure.  Actually we found the identical fossil on a Google search for rolled up trilobite shortly after posting here.  We live in southeast Indiana.  It is from the Richmond formation.  Thanks for the replies!

Was it just exposed on the ground? No digging required? That's pretty cool

Yes, it was in a creek bed in a huge valley that the water runs 8-10 feet deep during and after heavy rains.  The water does all the digging. ☺️

Probably Flexicalymene meeki.  Late Ordovician.  Very nice find! Congrats!  You're in a world class locality for Late Ordovician fossils.

• I found this Informative 2

Now work on those photography skills and get out there a find some more. :dinothumb:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Wow. You might have worked out a new method for trilo prepping: creek method. ;)

really cool find!