Project Middleport, NY Trilobites

fossilcrazy

I wanted to complete drawings of all the reported Silurian Trilobites from Caleb's Quarry in Middleport, NY.  I started late in December and finish today April 5th. Drawing was enjoyable, but got to be work towards the end. Top left to right: Arctinurus boltoni, Bumastus ioxus, Dicalymene sp., Calymene niagarensis,Decoroproetus corycoeus. Bottom left to right: Dalmanites limulurus, Dicranopeltis nereus, Illaenus insignis, Radnoria bretti and Trimerus delphinocephalus.

Rochester Shale Bugs All.jpg

Awesome bug drawings! Great job:dinothumb: 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

yep agree with all the positive comments,well drawn.

First species is Arctinurus,in case anyone was wondering

Great work! Can you do that for the trilobites in my area? I am sure, being Ordovician,  they are easier to draw!  Kidding aside, it will greatly help amateur collectors like me who find partials, or even complete trilobites,  to understand which trilobite they are dealing with. I expect the Ordovician trilos to be done by next Monday.

Mike

Super drawings! :)

I wish I had one percent of your talent! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 2 months later...

Archived