9th Grade Biology

Ptychodus04

I got to spend the day today talking about evolution and fossils with 9 freshman biology classes. It was a lot of fun. Kids these days are smart and ask some well thought out questions.8D644EA8-B5C0-4FA7-8F4C-96CDC3FC3E1B.thumb.jpeg.a3ed68cce417eabbae214c4e1bd96882.jpeg

Glad you spared the kids the kilt or you would have many more questions. lol

Awesome! Sounds like those kids really liked you, are you going to be guest speaker for a school again in the future?

And for some reason I'm thinking about what if one of those students tracked you down to here?

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Very heartwarming:)

Sewing the seeds for future Forum Members? 

Anyway, a very worthwhile thing 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Kudos to you for doing this! Us freshies are very good at sounding smart, though actually being smart is up for debate:D

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I’ve given talks at multiple schools as my kids grew up. This was the 2nd group of biology students this school year. 

It’s a lot of fun and the kids usually enjoy the fossils. I set up stations and have them investigate and try to deduce as much from the fossils as possible in 5 minutes. Then we discuss.

Archived