great day nj cretaceous streams,mosasaur and more

brad hinkelman

Awesome day today,spur of the moment with getting off work early and grabbing the wife to go hunting and so glad we did,,,,,,some awesome finds today!!!!!!

100_6101.JPG

100_6099.JPG

ae1.jpeg

ae2.jpeg

ae3.jpeg

ae4.jpeg

Amazing finds! :dinothumb:

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

:crab: Thanks for sharing your trip. I'm so jealous. Great f!nds!

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Great finds and a little bit eerie photos to boot. :)

yea in the summer its really creepy lol

Super finds and a good day's work! 

Splendid! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Not one, but two mosasaur teeth! And  other goodies as well! Somebody did good today!:)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

1 minute ago, Darktooth said:

Not one, but two mosasaur teeth! And  other goodies as well! Somebody did good today!:)

yea and I used up all my luck I just broke the worn mosasaur on the top left,,,i just dropped it taken pics..lol the other one is really nice and I'm not touching it haha

100_6120.JPG

7 minutes ago, brad hinkelman said:

yea and I used up all my luck I just broke the worn mosasaur on the top left,,,i just dropped it taken pics..lol the other one is really nice and I'm not touching it haha

100_6120.JPG

Ohhhhh, nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Rotten luck.

Poor tooth. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I once set some boxes on the trunk of my car which were filled with many nice mineral specimens that I was getting ready to transport. I went to hit the button to unlock my car and instead hit the button that popped the trunk. The boxes flew in the air and hit the ground and almost all the specimens were damaged in some way. So , I have been there. Not a good feeling. But there will be more fossil finds to make up for it!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

14 minutes ago, brad hinkelman said:

100_6120.JPG

Yeah it has happened to me a couple of times. But it looks good now you have glued it.

5 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I once set some boxes on the trunk of my car which were filled with many nice mineral specimens that I was getting ready to transport. I went to hit the button to unlock my car and instead hit the button that popped the trunk. The boxes flew in the air and hit the ground and almost all the specimens were damaged in some way. So , I have been there. Not a good feeling. But there will be more fossil finds to make up for it!

oh man...id be heart broken....as stated I did find the tip and glued it and cant even tell./....   I'm not touching anything the rest of the night lol   I also found a ray tooth today and dropped it back in the stream hahaha

Nice finds! Teeth break, but time fossil hunting heals all fossil woes.:D

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Good stuff. Mososaur teeth alluded me at BB. Over all the years I hunted there I only found a few and they were scrappy things. I like the photos of the site in winter mode. It gets so thick and dense once all the plants have filled back in. It reminds me how far ahead we are down here in Texas where spring is in full bloom and soon it will be too-dang-hot.

Glad you found the broken tip.

3 hours ago, erose said:

Good stuff. Mososaur teeth alluded me at BB. Over all the years I hunted there I only found a few and they were scrappy things. I like the photos of the site in winter mode. It gets so thick and dense once all the plants have filled back in. It reminds me how far ahead we are down here in Texas where spring is in full bloom and soon it will be too-dang-hot.

Glad you found the broken tip.

Thanks and lucky you with the weather,worst here in years but dealt with it,and yes Mosasaur stuff to me at big brook are like a needle in a hay stack.these are the best 2 I’ve found at B.B.,I’ve found a moss vert there as well but I’ve found my others at the ram,takes a lot trips and/or luck lol

Those shark teeth are lookin' sharp! :meg:

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:03 PM, brad hinkelman said:

yey  found the tip and glued it :) cant even tell

100_6122.JPG

Whew! I can breathe again. 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey P said:

Whew! I can breathe again. 

Lol thanks, you and me both! 

Archived