M.A.P.S. Show 4-2018 (Iowa City, Iowa)

Nimravis

2 minutes ago, michele 1937 said:

Please in which city.
The exhibition took place.
Thank you

@michele 1937, The show was just east of Coralville/ Iowa City, Iowa. I was able to attend the show on Sunday. Unfortunately, many vendors had packed up and left early so my opinion of the show was less than spectacular. Therefore,  if coming to the show for just one day, please do NOT wait till the last day or you may be disappointed. Maybe this is the norm for exhibits like this. On Saturday they had wonderful seminars with very knowledgeable speakers. Well worth the trip just to hear the talks. Again, luck was not on my side. The only speaker set to talk on Sunday called in sick. Did have fun with the constantly rotating silent auctions where many nice fossils can be had for under $5.00!!!

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks so much for the photos! I used to go quite often when MAPS was in Macomb, IL. Iowa City is too far for a one day trip. Need to schedule a weekend for that next year! Miss the fossils and all the fun people.

@Troodon , @JarrodB , @TyBoy and @Xiphactinus thanks for the comments.

As @minnbuckeye stated, Sunday is a day when most vendors have or a packing up. I have not been able to get in on the silent auctions or talks since I usually go for the first day of the show.

@HamptonsDoc if you go, make sure that you stay at the Clarion Hotel in Iowa City where they hold the hotel pre-Show portion of the show. Try to get there around Thursday afternoon and then go to the show on Friday. The show is only 1?exit down the highway (about 10 minutes away), but you can get some great deals at the Pre-Show.

• I found this Informative 1

Thansk for the report and pics. I want to get out there one day.... saw plenty I would have purchased.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...