NJ Fossil Expo Saturday 4/08/18

Masp

Thanks but I see more fingers than fossil on the vert. Need a straight in photo of side and both ends plus locality.

Need locality of finger bone.

Took further look at your big bone with bite marks and they look more like croc bites than those from a theropod.  They are blunt and round.   

Thanks.

Your vert is not dinosaurian but I believe from a Champsosaur which is a reptile in the Hell Creek.   A distal caudal vert.

Your other bone is indeed from a theropod and could be the distal end of an Struthiomimus  or Anzu carpal

5 minutes ago, Masp said:

So it’s absolutely not theropod puncture ?

I don't see it.  The punctures would fit more of the profile of a theropod tooth.  

@Troodon and then regarding the first black bone I posted in this topic, do we even know if it’s theropod? Any chance it is theropod?  I’m just confused why the seller, paleontologist would say its allosaurus and the other being  brachiosaurus.  What you’re saying about the puncture wounds makes total sense. 

On your first bone no idea based on the photos provided, its just not identifible to anything specific.   Can you determine if its hollow?   Its possible your paleontologist may have more knowledge of the orgin of these bones but with the information provided there is nothing diagnostic about them to say what they are.    I do not know any paleontologist that would ascribe a specific species to predation marks unless the bones of prey and predator were found together.

Nothing in those pictures that says theropod.  Looking for evidence of a thin wall from being hollow.

Archived