andreas

Yesterday I started my fossil season 2018. It was the first real warm spring weekend this year. What a good feeling to get out again on such a beautyful day.

Fortune was along with me and so I found several Triassic ammonoids. The small ones in the block are of upper Carnian(Tuvalian) age. The black Arcestes are of Norian age.

Much snow is still on the higher mountains so it will last longer to start collecting at higher locations this year.

regards

Andreas

Seasonstart 1 - Kopie.JPG

Seasonstart - Kopie.jpg

washed and split - Kopie.JPG

_DSC6613 - Kopie.JPG

Nice ammonoids! A beautiful hunting place you got there!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

You sure do haunt some beautiful places. Nice ammonoids! Do you ever find Triassic heteromorphs there? 

Beautiful location and some lovely finds. :)

Thanks for sharing. 

I am fascinated by Triassic fossils. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

6 hours ago, andreas said:

_DSC6613 - Kopie.JPG

I don't think I could stop taking pictures long enough to find any fossils here. How can you even bring yourself to look down instead of out!? Lucky!!!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

9 hours ago, DevonianDigger said:

I don't think I could stop taking pictures long enough to find any fossils here. How can you even bring yourself to look down instead of out!? Lucky!!!

No problem, fortunately, we have this scenery day in - day out. So there are indeed a few moments in between to look down for fossils ;).

Franz Bernhard

19 hours ago, Heteromorph said:

You sure do haunt some beautiful places. Nice ammonoids! Do you ever find Triassic heteromorphs there? 

Yes, I've found Cochloceras and Rhabdoceras. Peripleurites and Vandaites are on my list. You can view a slab with Cochloceras from that area in my album.

Malcomt, this is near Salzburg like Roger said. He was there with me. 360°pic was taken with one leg in Germany and one leg in Austria. On the left end of the panorama you can see the runway of Salzburg airport and the town Salzburg in the distance.

RJB and Tidgy's Dad there are more scenery and Triassic ammonids on my blogs. Please be free to read it if you are interested.

Devoniandigger, to look down is the easier part of the game, to bring down what you find is sometimes harder.

FranzBernhard is right, we are blessed with nature. But beauty always is in the eye of the beholder and of course everyone can get used to it. 

14 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Salzburgerland, Austria.

Dunno why, but the images from there remind me of the Cascade range out west.

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Congratulations on your ammonoid finds. The scenery is magnificent. I would love to see the Alps again. What a great place to collect. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. 

On 4/8/2018 at 3:43 PM, andreas said:

yes beautyful it is. The scenery is wonderfull all times of the year.

360° Panorama.JPG

Just the beautiful peaceful scenery would make any fossil collecting trip worthwhile, even if no fossils were found. :)

Archived