Dear Guys,

Today I found small piece of huge bone, its largest width is 5,4 cm, the joint does not look complexed (only one pit like surface).

I think it is part of scapula or long bone. The fragment was found in Varena town, South Lithuania (the Baltic Region). 

Please help me to identify this fragment if anyone has comparable material or know the photos of the same bone in internet. :)

Any help will be appreciated!

Best Regards

Domas

S7302906.JPG

S7302907.JPG

S7302908.JPG

Spinosaurus thank you for good idea. :) 

Please anyone check this piece between mammal groups, I am sure it should be from large mammal. :)

Dear Spinosaurus,

The bone in articular part is 4,3 cm width but the largest width in the sides is 5,4 cm, the length of bone fragment is 7,6 cm. :)

Best Regards

Domas 

It's a little hard to tell, but the partially flat end of the bone away from the socket makes me believe that it is indeed a scapula.
Can I have a photo of the opposite side of the bone?
I just want to see if the flatness I see in the picture is the original shape of the fossil, and not caused by geological weathering.

:bone:

Yes, I made the photo of the other side- please note it is damaged by shovel. (The bone is found in building site during the renovation). :)

FossilSniper what you can see about identification- which mammal it could be? :)

Best Regards

Domas 

S7302913.JPG

Archived