Uncle Siphuncle

First, a fistful-o-Leptosalenia.  +1 Heteraster obliquatus of stature. Glen Rose fm, Texas.

972E9B60-B1EF-469E-A234-43BAAF30A15A.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

While in the echoinoid groove, here is a nice Hardouinia from the Peedee fm of NC, obtained unprepped in trade.  Shown after initial dolomite blast.  I’ll probably manually scrape off the klingons and then blast again.

B145A4E5-8D6E-4D7B-9542-109955C109DB.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Grüße,

Gastropods need love too.  From the Upper K of TX, here is a colorful Volutoderma/ Volutomorph/ Voluto-sumpin’ for your viewing pleasure.

5DF9E28D-9696-4A0D-BC31-63535242112B.jpeg

B4591855-FCFF-4307-9CD9-43974F144326.png

• I found this Informative 1

Grüße,

Those are some very cool echinoids, especially those Leptosalenia.

18 minutes ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Gastropods need love too.  From the Upper K of TX, here is a colorful Volutoderma/ Volutomorph/ Voluto-sumpin’ for your viewing pleasure.

5DF9E28D-9696-4A0D-BC31-63535242112B.jpeg

That is a very nice one. Was it also from the Glen Rose? I have found a number of gastropods very similar to that in 3 different formations, but I haven’t ID’d them.

I have not found any of those with the end of the shell in place. That slender part extending out gives it the appearance of being a sleek and slender, but the 2nd pic makes it seem plump. I have plump ones that look very much like that, but the end is broken off.

Love the Leptosalenia! I have not found any of those. I am always looking for new genus and species of echinoids. 

24 minutes ago, KimTexan said:

That is a very nice one. Was it also from the Glen Rose? I have found a number of gastropods very similar to that in 3 different formations, but I haven’t ID’d them.

I have not found any of those with the end of the shell in place. That slender part extending out gives it the appearance of being a sleek and slender, but the 2nd pic makes it seem plump. I have plump ones that look very much like that, but the end is broken off.

Love the Leptosalenia! I have not found any of those. I am always looking for new genus and species of echinoids. 

The gastro is about 40 million years younger than the Leptosalenia.  Saleniids show up sporadically all through the K strat column.  Highest concentrations I know of in NTX show up in the Goodland and Walnut fms.

Grüße,

Lovely. 

I like the gastropod but some of the echinoids are stunning! 

Great job. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Those Leptosalenia are wonderful. Would love to hunt Texas and find a few of those. Thanks for sharing!

...I'm back.