Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Jaimin013

This is an outstanding collection. Excellent work and it must have taken a long time to collect such fine specimens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
herve

Hello your lytoceras from France is a Perilytoceras jurense (Zieten)   zone a thouarsense  Belmont (Rhone) ,reference bibliographique: Biostratigraphie et paleontologie du Lias et du Dogger de la region Lyonnaise ,auteur Louis Rulleau 2006. I hope that its complit your determination Best wishes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RJB

Some nice stuff indeed!  and lots of it!

 

RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ludwigia

Mmmmm! Love that Campanile! :wub: One of these days....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Andy-

Your new amber pictures are awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troodon

Cool adds really like that Campanile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Rico

Love the amber, just beautiful. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD

So many beautiful things! I love the Campanile, reminds me of some relatives who share their name with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantoraptor

I went to the fossil fair in Sint-Gillis-Waas today. It was very fun, and I met some interesting people today, including @Manticocerasman.  

I got some fossils today.

 

1: Vinctifer comptoni, Santana formation, Ceara, Brazil.

40219640_281963689284906_8493241293185482752_n.thumb.jpg.a089754a47de30dd720a713df845cfdf.jpg40084309_308561953061652_7336894015289163776_n.thumb.jpg.5b6bb5691a1430ccd87f87656c552434.jpg

2: Two Proleymeriella schrammeni from Nedersaksen, Germany.

The inner part is very good visible.

40093119_2070718853242482_6595764319936315392_n.thumb.jpg.1581fa197ccc1eb83be655cd9d9c8157.jpg

3: Nearly two inch long Palaeocarcharodon orientalis from Khouribga.

40188019_290617764866463_4951274445273563136_n.thumb.jpg.3d786690f526ed1688be710e377d5688.jpg

4: Squalicorax sp. Told to be from Congo. I don't find any information on Squalicorax from Congo. Anyone else?40096835_2027225400921905_1632556492714409984_n.thumb.jpg.ddf6d61b35c35f3b35d7395c2f54b06a.jpg

5: Very tiny Squalicorax sp. tooth from Russia, Federovka village.40212636_1529133993882149_2273038633122398208_n.thumb.jpg.6999e18d797b2fce92d51d20c310e3e8.jpg

6: Hollardops mesocristata, Hamar Lagdad formation, Morocco.

40157722_2338932729667938_1348361397251080192_n.thumb.jpg.9d62129937123a130fafcda213bbbbc3.jpg40074276_904671709737630_1453606147750625280_n.thumb.jpg.baed2bb2fbfc4029625d3535f4725300.jpg

40129759_264321054405960_4576392798982373376_n.thumb.jpg.7bdec1e2163e3b0c1b4af2d54ec3eaff.jpg

 

I hope you like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
30 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

I went to the fossil fair in Sint-Gillis-Waas today. It was very fun, and I met some interesting people today, including @Manticocerasman.  

I got some fossils today

I hope you like them.

I do. :wub:

Very nice acquisitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ynot

Looks like You had a good time at that show.

Wonderful acquisitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manticocerasman

So it was you with the large box with the fish :D If I had knew we could have a longer chat.

Are you coming on the fieldtrip to Lompret with the club? 

 

My aquisitions were books.. lots of books :wacko:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantoraptor
13 minutes ago, Manticocerasman said:

So it was you with the large box with the fish :D If I had knew we could have a longer chat.

Are you coming on the fieldtrip to Lompret with the club? 

 

My aquisitions were books.. lots of books :wacko:

 

Yep, that was me . My mom was happy when she saw me getting out of the car with two small ammonites and three shark teeth... until I went back and took that box out of the car.:P

I probably can't make it to Lompret. It's a pretty long drive and I'll probabely have to work. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manticocerasman
7 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

Yep, that was me . My mom was happy when she saw me getting out of the car with two small ammonites and three shark teeth... until I went back and took that box out of the car.:P

I probably can't make it to Lompret. It's a pretty long drive and I'll probabely have to work. 

 

 

 

What area from Belgium are you from ? :headscratch:

 

With a little luck you have some fossil hunting spots in your area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantoraptor
2 minutes ago, Manticocerasman said:

What area from Belgium are you from ? :headscratch:

 

With a little luck you have some fossil hunting spots in your area.

I am from West-Vlaanderen. Closest I know is Egem but that one is not available anymore.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manticocerasman
4 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

I am from West-Vlaanderen. Closest I know is Egem but that one is not available anymore.

 

Lol, that's where I live. I used to live near Brussels, but now I live in Waregem.

 

There is an other geology club here : Lithos in Harelbeke.

 

And yes Egem is closed now, there used to be very nice sharkteeth in that location.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantoraptor
1 minute ago, Manticocerasman said:

Lol, that's where I live. I used to live near Brussels, but now I live in Waregem.

 

There is an other geology club here : Lithos in Harelbeke.

 

 

Yeah, I know Lithos, but I prefer the BVP actually. I live close to Diksmuide if you know that. I might be able to get to rumst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×