Collecting the 2018 MAPS show

mikeymig

I got back from the MAPS fossil show and here's what I found. The Pleistocene gopher skull was my big find and I was able to add a lot to my Florida fossil seashell collection. The fossil hunters I got the gopher skull from also had a complete Dire Wolf skull (no I didn't take pics) as well as other Ice Age fossils they found in Iowa and Nebraska. I also found a fossil deer antler covered in rodent gnaw marks made over 10,000 years ago (goes with my Ice Age gopher skull). Attending fossil shows like MAPS gives the collector the opportunity to add something to their collection that they cant field collect themselves.    

Thanks,

Mikeymig

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: foodImage may contain: shoes and outdoorNo automatic alt text available.Image may contain: foodImage may contain: text and foodImage may contain: foodNo automatic alt text available.

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Some lovely stuff you picked up there. 

I love the brachiopods in particular. :wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

You have some nice items there. Glad you were able to score some good items.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I love the Mediospirifer (or Orthospirifer) on the Paraspirifer comobo. :wub:

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Archived