Fossil of the month poster

mikeymig

I thought it would be cool to make a poster of my fossil of the month for March 2018. Markus took some great pics after he prepped it and I just took them and made this horizontal poster. I might put a heading on it or not.

Let me know the one you like the most.

Thanks

Mikey

crigascollposter.jpg

FFofthemonth.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Such a beautiful specimen! :wub:

Really lovely poster, too! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

How about brightly coloring (the last image), both the crinoid and the shell in various color combinations and repeating it in a grid formation. It would be similar to the Andy Warhol picture of Marilyn Monroe.

colormarilynsportfolio1.jpg?x77176

Or use the different photos, keeping the shell black and change the color of the crinoid and the background for each square. Any Photoshop experts out there that can create a mockup?

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

All great pictures of a wonderful fossil combination. I like the header as well. My vote is for the far bottom right picture as is.

Y'know...crusty old curmudgeon that I am...I always wondered who decided that Andy Warhol was an ARTIST?  I mean...give me a break...multicolored Marilyn Monroes, John Lennons and Campbell soup cans?

I do like the first one.  The only thing that I would change on either one of them is to make all of the non-latinized text in a normal font and leave the italics for the scientific names.  That's just the purist in me creeping out!

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library