Green river insect, Coleoptera or Trichoptera?

holdinghistory

I was looking through some GRF insects that I had, and wondered if anyone had an ID for this one? I am mostly familiar with insects from amber inclusions, so it is a bit different looking at them on rock. Some options I thought of were a species of beetle, caddisfly, or maybe a cicada? Any information would be great! 

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

I would say a cicada, they look very similar with the lower cretaceous ones that come out Liaoning.

• I found this Informative 5

Yep, cicada.

• I found this Informative 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Thanks guys! What work is that from? I will try to find the description for Lithopsis and see if it is a match. Appreciate the help!

1 hour ago, holdinghistory said:

...What work is that from?...

That is frustrating, an image attachment and possible species, but no citation or link.

Shcherbakov, D.E. (2006)

The earliest find of Tropiduchidae (Homoptera: Auchenorrhyncha), representing a new tribe, from the Eocene of Green River, USA, with notes on the fossil record of higher Fulgoroidea.

Russian Entomological Journal, 15(3):315-322  PDF LINK

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Thank you! I will label it tentatively as a Lithopsis, until I can find some more information to confirm it. I appreciate the help!