Penn Dixie Drawing!!!

DevonianDigger

Hello, fellow TFF-ers!

With the permission of our moderators—and provided I follow a few rules and guidelines—I am pleased to offer up a drawing exclusively for the members of TFF. On behalf of Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve, we are collecting names and e-mails for people interested in joining the Penn Dixie e-mail newsletter. This info may be sent via personal message to me—all submissions will be governed by the Penn Dixie privacy policy, (which can be viewed HERE), and will be used exclusively and solely for the purpose of the e-mail newsletter.

On May 1st, we will be drawing randomly from the submitted names and giving away five copies of Amadeus Grabau's Geology and Palaentology of Eighteen Mile Creek as reprinted by the Hamburg Natural History Society. 

image.thumb.png.05ba61c65e3d54af8a5784fdfd561baf.png

Amazon Reviewer Thomas Buckley writes:

“This book has excellent descriptions and images of all the fossil fauna you are likely to encounter at Eighteen Mile Creek, the Shore of Lake Erie, and the Penn-Dixie quarry…In addition to being excellent visually, it is also an easy read. Grabau writes in a more modern prose, not in the vernacular of the late 19th century. If you are collecting in these formations, having this book is a necessity. You will not be disappointed. Especially for the price.”

Details about the book can be found HERE. The selected winners will be posted on this thread on May 1st, at which point I will only ask for mailing addresses for the purpose of shipping out your new book!

Thanks, and best of luck!

-Jay Wollin

Lead Educator

Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

image.png.57086ce0e2fc17625dd2a55a59102ef7.png

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Awesome... Jay... I already am on the mailing list, already a member and already have a copy...... so no need to include me in the draw. 

P.S. the weather is looking like a disaster for tomorrow so it is looking like I will not be hunting with you tomorrow..... will make a final decision later tonight will let you and Phil know one way or another. Hopefully they dont have to cancel your training session.

Sign me up! PM incoming. :D

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

International subscribers welcome? 

And for the posting of the books should one win? :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

3 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

@Tidgy's Dad, I am willing to do international as well. Only caveat being that I will be shipping the books by media rate, which means it could take a while to arrive.

I think Adam is getting used to postal delays, much to his dismay. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Malcolmt said:

Awesome... Jay... I already am on the mailing list, already a member and already have a copy...... so no need to include me in the draw. 

Same goes for me. Maybe I'll get down there in June with Malcolm again when I come over.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

I think Adam is getting used to postal delays, much to his dismay. :wacko:

55 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

I think he's still waiting on the last package I sent him!

This year is crazy. 

More than ten years with no problems at all and now everything is so slow going in and out. 

They changed the system and are having "teething problems". 

Most annoying.

Still, it will get here eventually. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I’d love to join in and get the newsletter! PM coming along shortly.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else gonna join? Odds are pretty good....

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

5 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

Odds are very good right now! Today is the last chance! I will be drawing the names tomorrow!!!

:popcorn:

How exciting! 

Hope you've not forgotten me! 

:popcorn::popcorn:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

Between this and FOTM, I'm anxiously awaiting.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Here it is! The moment you've all been waiting for!!!

Here is a screen recording of my computer running the prize wheel to select the winners! (This is not a generated video showing the winners, but rather the actual wheel spins to determine the winners.)

Congratulations to @Tidgy's Dad, @minnbuckeye, @Peat Burns, @Darktooth, and @MeargleSchmeargl for being the winners of the Penn Dixie TFF book giveaway! Thank you to everyone who participated. Winners should PM me their addresses so that I can drop your books in the mail!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Thank you so much! 

Much appreciated.

I have several Penn Dixie fossils so this will be invaluable! 

Congratulations to the other winners too! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

Awesome! I was really hoping to win one of these books! Thank- you Jay for organizing this drawing!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

No problem at all! I figure that members will appreciate the books and being included in the Penn Dixie newsletter list wasn't exactly a horrible price to pay for maybe getting one!

The only thing that everyone should know in advance is that Grabau does contain some out-of-date taxa, but we do have an updated list thanks to John, @fossilcrazy that I hope to include along with the book!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

Heck yeah! Something to smile about! :yay-smiley-1:

Never been to Penn Dixie, but definitely want to go at some point. This book would definitely help with planning a trip! :D

Woo hoooo!  Penn Dixie newsletter and a book as well!  Heck of a deal!  Thanks!

Archived