Jaimin013

Hi there,

I have seen a tooth on an auction site advertised as a Timurlengia euotica tooth going for US $900.00 - Approximately £631.69. Can you have a look at it as I want the opinions of the individuals on this forum? Looking at similar tooth it looks legit...

Is it also at a good price for the quality of the tooth?

Details of tooth are: that it comes from the Bissekty Formation, Central (Kyzylkum), Uzbekistan. From the Upper Cretaceous of Uzbekistan Period (100.5–66 Millions Years Old)    Not restored and about 6.5 cm. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Edited by Kane
Edited to not make it verbatim seller's description.

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Tooth looks good one of the nicer specimens for its size.   Serrations look good, nice enamel.  The only negative is a bit of missing enamel on one side by the base but it does not detract from tooth.  Price is competitive for size and Q but you need to decide if you are happy with it.  

• I found this Informative 6

11 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Tooth looks good one of the nicer specimens for its size.   Serrations look good.  The only negative is a bit of missing enamel on one side by the base but it does not detract from tooth.  Price is competitive for size and Q but you need to decide if you are happy with it.  

Thanks for the advice! I will carefully consider

I think that's a lovely looking tooth! :)

I'd buy it if that were the type of thing I collected. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

57 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Thanks for the advice! I will carefully consider

I see that he is willing to accept offers so negotiate  if interested.   I see a few other large teeth being offered, I believe they lack serrations if you are interested in a higher end tooth.

• I found this Informative 2

37 minutes ago, Troodon said:

I see that he is willing to accept offers so negotiate  if interested.   I see a few other large teeth being offered, I believe they lack serrations if you are interested in a higher end tooth.

He has offered me the lowest of $725 so I will take it just getting the opinion of a friend first! Not bad for around £500 in my opinion. I am more interested in better quality teeth with good serrations for this type of tooth so I may go for this one advertised by the seller.. do you know of other places I can get this type of tooth or any other larger teeth that you have mentioned for a similar competitive price or quality? I guess from private sellers etc

39 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I think that's a lovely looking tooth! :)

I'd buy it if that were the type of thing I collected. 

Thanks! Just curious but what type of teeth do you collect?

1 minute ago, Jaimin013 said:

Thanks! Just curious but what type of teeth do you collect?

I have a few teeth, but it's not something i concentrate on. 

I prefer invertebrate fossils, especially brachiopods, trilobites and the more unusual critters. 

• I found this Informative 3

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 minute ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I prefer invertebrate fossils, especially brachiopods, trilobites and the more unusual critters. 

Ok nice!

10 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Gotta love those unusual critters, they're the best... but then, I'm an unusual person. :P

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

4 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Gotta love those unusual critters, they're the best... but then, I'm an unusual person. :P

Indeed 

They're the best. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

Hey @Jaimin013.

It is a very nice tooth,has a good size serrations and very well preserved.

However I also saw this one and’ I think it’s way too much (bought a good quality 4cm one for less than 100$ on my last post.)

I say it is not worth it for the price but it’s a really nice tooth so do whatever you want :)

I just think that a better deal for less will come across.

Good luck!

Kind regards

5 minutes ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Hey @Jaimin013.

However I also saw this one and’ I think it’s way too much (bought a good quality 4cm one for less than 100$ on my last post.)

I say it is not worth it for the price but it’s a really nice tooth so do whatever you want :)

Good luck!

Kind regards

Ok thanks for your opinion that's really helpful! I will bear this in mind and maybe will hold off. Do you have any pics of your 4cm one or any others you have/had so I can compare with the one i posted just for comparison?

2 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Ok thanks for your opinion. I will bear this in mind and maybe will hold off. Do you have any pics of your 4cm one or any others you have/had so I can compare with the one i posted just for comparison?

Yes.

On my last post « my first Tyrannosaurid tooth has arrived!!! » I shared some pictures and information.

Go check it out!

1 hour ago, Jaimin013 said:

He has offered me the lowest of $725 so I will take it just getting the opinion of a friend first! Not bad for around £500 in my opinion. I am more interested in better quality teeth with good serrations for this type of tooth so I may go for this one advertised by the seller.. do you know of other places I can get this type of tooth or any other larger teeth that you have mentioned for a similar competitive price or quality? I guess from private sellers etc

Tgafs a good price for that tooth.  You will pay more for high end teeth especially from non traditional places.   There are only a couple of individuals selling teeth from this region and the only ones I've seen have been on eBay so you do not have lots of choices to shop.   

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Thats a good price for that tooth.   You will pay more for high end teeth especially from non traditional places.   There are only a couple of individuals selling teeth from this region and the only ones I've seen have been on eBay so you do not have lots of choices to shop.   

Ok thank you!!

22 minutes ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Yes.

On my last post « my first Tyrannosaurid tooth has arrived!!! » I shared some pictures and information.

Go check it out!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Hey @Jaimin013.

Good luck!

Kind regards

The same seller previously sold these two Timurlengia euotica teeth for $900 (first tooth) and $500 (second tooth) so I will hold off on my purchase of the tooth I posted because the first is the same buy price as the one I posted but better quality and the second tooth being of similar quality albeit slightly smaller.

s-l1600vv.jpg

s-l1600ssss.jpg

Good call.  You are the only one that can decide what quailty/cost is acceptable for your collection.  Higher quality teeth appear to be more available from this seller, than in the past, so its fair to expect to see additional ones listed.  Being impatient on purchases can be satisfying in the short term but may lead to regrets in the long term.

• I found this Informative 3

5 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I prefer invertebrate fossils, especially brachiopods, trilobites and the more unusual critters

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

8 hours ago, Jaimin013 said:

The same seller previously sold these two Timurlengia euotica teeth for $900 (first tooth) and $500 (second tooth) so I will hold off on my purchase of the tooth I posted because the first is the same buy price as the one I posted but better quality and the second tooth being of similar quality albeit slightly smaller.

s-l1600vv.jpg

s-l1600ssss.jpg

Yes,take your time to think and ask. I still think it is a significant amount of money but they are very good teeth.

Hope all these messages helped :) 

Kind regards

I would just like to comment to the site administrators that some of these posts could be interpreted as 'appraising value'