Guizhou fish

Crazyhen

It's one that would look real nice in my display case.

Sorry, I have no ID for you.

That fish looks almost identical to this Paramblypterus vratsalviensis from the Czech Republic, but it might be a different species. I suspect restoration done on the lower portion starting directly below the dorsal fin, as well as the fin itself.

image.png.390f39e67535ec9ed208dd5b407d666c.pngimage.png.d9f1c79167117ab875bbf4ab9cceea1f.png

However as far as I know, Paramblypterus is only found in parts of Europe especially in Germany, Czech, and France. But the matrix in your fish really looks similar to matrix from Odernheim, Germany, which has many examples of Paramblypterus have been found in. 

Just a guess and I obviously might be completely wrong, so I'd wait for others so give out their opinions. Nice fish though, and I'd also agree with caldigger on it looking real nice if put in a display case.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Paramblypterus is a freshwater fish - Guizhou is saltwater fauna. Paramblypterus is Permian - Guizhou is Middle Triassic.

Might be just a slightly distorted (adult) specimen of Sangiorgioichthys. The head is somehow messed up - the maxilla ist turned upside down.

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Archived