Not a great collecting trip

Malcolmt

Well here it is April 15th 2018 and I was supposed to go collecting Yesterday and today.... Well didn't happen .... Here is a picture of my backyard this morning.... Welcome to spring in the Great White North.. There is a pool under there somewhere that traditionally gets opened in another month.....

5ad38978f0b6a_April152018.thumb.jpg.20303c753d5c5985828a9ac82d6dafb4.jpg

I feel you... Rather than snow, everything over here is sheathed in ice from freezing rain. :( Not a typical mid-April in our part of the world.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Just walked the dog and its tiny ice pellets whipping you in the face (but she likes it somehow).

On the bright side next weekend looks better but i've been saying that for a month now....

Ontario is meteorologically cursed this spring. :( 

Apparently, the worst is yet to come today. Best to stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Even Morocco is colder and wetter than usual. 

They've even had snow in the Sahara and it's raining here, should be summer by now.

When It Snows in Ouarzazate

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Minneapolis just set the all time April totals for the month with the 14inches that was received in this latest storm. Yes global warming predicts extremes in weather. We certainly are seeing it this spring. I feel most sorry for the Moroccans who shouldn't experience this.

3 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Even Morocco is colder and wetter than usual. 

They've even had snow in the Sahara and it's raining here, should be summer by now.

When It Snows in Ouarzazate

The sahara has just sent its dust and weather over the Alps to us here in southern Germany. We've got balmy spring weather and the daffodils are in full bloom. Hopefully the snow has left Ontario before I pop over in June, but you never know nowadays.

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

1 minute ago, Ludwigia said:

The sahara has just sent its dust and weather over the Alps to us here in southern Germany. We've got balmy spring weather and the daffodils are in full bloom.

Yes, my friend in Saxony says it's been wonderful spring weather :)

We like to share the sun around a bit sometimes ;)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Just now, Tidgy's Dad said:

Yes, my friend in Saxony says it's been wonderful spring weather :)

We like to share the sun around a bit sometimes ;)

Keep up the good work :D

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I can just barely make out the outline of your pool in that snow. Brr!

Well, the bright side is if you want to have a winter themed party, you can use the snow for free drink refrigeration. There's no shortage of it, judging by your photos! :D

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

In the Phoenix area and the central Arizona high country, abnormally dry and warm conditions have facilitated fossil and rock collecting in areas normally too cold or under snow cover to collect. We will take all your unwanted snow and rain because we have had only about 20-25% of normal precipitation since last August. Large fires this spring/summer will likely uncover many fossils for collecting, assuming they even allow us to hunt the burned areas.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Sorry things didn't work out for you. I barely missed the terrible weather that was forecast for the weekend.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.